my caramel coastel shed twice in 2 weeks...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakawak

Reaction score
hi my caramel coastal shed twice in 2 weeks is this normal cause her sister only shed once.... any advice people?

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 192
The snake could be dehydrated as it looks quite skinny , also check for mites

mate Im no expert, but that snake looks amazing and very healthy! Im sure its just growing better than the other

View attachment 232489the other pic in my first post was befor she shed, this is after
this is her after i got back from my chrissy holiday 2 weeks later, with 2 shed skins in her tank... the first pic was about 1 week befor she shed, her and her sister where both pretty skinny when i got them they are good size now as u can see she has plenty of water in their, i thought no water would make it harder for her to shed?? not sure if she has mites i will get a mite wash just incase she has been hideing in her cave alot aswell...

what is your husbandry ?

Temps size of enclosure food and how often fed etc

has 2 perch's temps float around 33 in hot spot to 26 cold spot, glass fish 6ft fish tank sectioned off into 4 tanks, she has crystal substrate with vines etc same as her sister and her bf lol, im hopeing was just a big growth spurt cause i fed her and her sister up so they wernt so skinny, she took 4 hopper mice 15g i think they are and her sister took the same.

i should of givin them both a spray for mites when i got them ill get some and give them a nice close once over, i f10'd their enclosures befor i put them in and keep a close eye on them, she is a little bit hidey atm and her sister and bf come out about 5-6pm every afternoon to sit on their purch and she just pokes her head out her cave lol and fully comes out at about 730-830pm

hmmm im worried about mites now im gonna take her out and check her brb

lol how do i check a black speckered snake for mites..... lol looks like she is coverd in mites but is her specks lol

Last edited:
oh my goodness your snake is beautiful!!
where did you get her from? ive been looking for one for ages!
im sorry i cant offer help

oh my goodness your snake is beautiful!!
where did you get her from? ive been looking for one for ages!
im sorry i cant offer help
i got her from designer serpents and yes her and her sister are stunning =) they get more good looking every day will have some very nice babys one day =)

i got her from designer serpents and yes her and her sister are stunning =) they get more good looking every day will have some very nice babys one day =)

Sorry to bug you about it but do they have a website?
& if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for her?
Ive wanted one for a good 6 months now lol

Water would be your best bet. Just run her a warm bath & if she has mites you will see them in the water. She is very pretty, & looks very healthy.......id say she has just had a growth spurt!

Sorry to bug you about it but do they have a website?
& if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for her?
Ive wanted one for a good 6 months now lol
i got last 2 sorry, they are a sponser of this site u can find them on the main page, their website hasnt been updated in awhile tho i dont think

Designer Serpents Australia |

Water would be your best bet. Just run her a warm bath & if she has mites you will see them in the water. She is very pretty!
ill go try that now thanks, should i have the water very deep or only enough to cover her bottom half?

Just cover the bottom, & let her swim through your hands, if she has mites, they should appear in the water.

Top of descent is one i have heard of......there are a few threads with other products people use though, i havent had a mite problem at this stage, hope i never do, so i cant help much from here. Lets hope its not mites though, & she is just growing well!

Top of descent is one i have heard of......there are a few threads with other products people use though, i havent had a mite problem at this stage, hope i never do, so i cant help much from here. Lets hope its not mites though, & she is just growing well!
no mites came off her so im guessing she is ok just growing fast, maybe i fed her more then she is used to, she loved her bath didnt even bite me haha

Dont trat for mites unless she has them.......you dont want to use chemicals unless you ahve to......your husbandry sounds good I would say she is growing fast !!

Well you caramel coastal or hypo looks good at least Its growing not like mine let It have a soak In a water bowl If you see little black dots In the water there mites there yes you can get a spray detailed posts are on this site but once you have mites you never get rid of them and they can infest any other snakes as well just enter mites into the search bar and you wil find something

Well you caramel coastal or hypo looks good at least Its growing not like mine let It have a soak In a water bowl If you see little black dots In the water there mites there yes you can get a spray detailed posts are on this site but once you have mites you never get rid of them and they can infest any other snakes as well just enter mites into the search bar and you wil find something
no mites, seems healty and active, not even hiding in her cave anymore now she is sleeping on her perch during the day =) very happy that everything turned out ok, must of just been growing to fast for her skin lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back