Convincing parents to let you get a first / new reptile?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you just wait until you're older so you can move out and get as many as you want...

that will be for another 4-5 years and I dont want to wait that long. Also this isnt just for me so please just add helpful advice

You already have a python, be happy with that =p. It's all great for you to be just wanting a new animal, but judging you aren't even old enough to move out i'd say you aren't the one paying for the animal, enclosure, food etc either? It's their house, their rules so respect them and be happy with what you've got.

To convince my mum to let me get my first reptile I had to take her to meet it at my boyfriends house first before she let me bring it home (and lots of begging). I was just lucky she was tiny and cute and full of personality.

As for NEW reptiles, sometimes you just have to live with what you have and let that idea go for when you're out on your own. It's not your house and electrical bills and you have to respect your parents decisions.

Yeah there was no way i was ever getting a snake while I lived with my parents.lucky my boyfriend is a fan.maybe if you could convince your parents that a new pet would be entirely your responsibility.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back