leaf tail gecko enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonReptiles

Reaction score
hey everyone show me your enclosures i just interested in seeing where people keep these geckos and get ideas

I keep my Plats in this, it has an inbuilt pond from when I used it for frog that I fill with damp spagnum moss for them to lay in if it gets too warm for them or for the girls to use as a lay box.
This tank is only suitable for this species, if I kept any other leafies or if I lived further north I would use a screen mesh enclosure

Picture.jpg

my leaftail enclosure i want something bigger as its only 40x40x80 all mesh enclosure great in summer but come winter i will put them back into a glass enclosure where i can regulate the temperature better. I use cork bark i bought from a orchid nursery online in NSW, they love to hide behind it. this pic taken just this morning .

Attachments

• P1070218 (480x640).jpg
    P1070218 (480x640).jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 222
Took some pictures of my guys today.
72487046-8263-d427.jpg
72487046-827b-057d.jpg

Cheers Brenton

One of my gravid girl
72487046-9d8e-0a46.jpg
I'm only keeping them in deep tubs at the moment untill I move then I will build some screen enclosures for them.

Cheers Brenton

what type of leaftails are they Br3nton,they certainly dont seem to mind handling. Cant say the same for my salebrosus especially the female she likes to be left well alone, although she did just lay a week ago.

they are gonna love that piece of wood xDragonx, did you build the mesh enclosure from scratch.

Give em plenty of vertical structure to hide and hang about on. Either bark, cork tiles or sandstone sheets are good cheap ones.

Attachments

• Picture 1384.jpg
    Picture 1384.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 162
what type of leaftails are they Br3nton,they certainly dont seem to mind handling. Cant say the same for my salebrosus especially the female she likes to be left well alone, although she did just lay a week ago.

they are gonna love that piece of wood xDragonx, did you build the mesh enclosure from scratch.

A mate mine gave to me but he just used aluminum 25 x25 and used the joiners you get from bunnings hey . Pretty neat . I just put hollow log I found in it and connect up right with some chain .

Mate just get stuff cut all need it a drill simple

Now things have changed I found a trio of these guys I'm putting them in tv unit that I had built by stein enclosures .. So if anyone wants buy that heshin cage.

Last edited:
Oh , leafys are cool as they don't kill plants!
I keep mine where it's cool , but have started to keep some leafys in mesh enclosures as well
3baa4312.jpg

95f533f1.jpg

c75b869a.jpg

64b68d91.jpg

I keep afair few species of leaf tail, very simple to care for as long as they have a vertical branch/peice of bark they are happy... I use bark peices on a angle they will sit always face down hunting allnight, Paul I love thos enclosures very natural one day soon I want mine to look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back