Our babies are hatching

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik

Reaction score
After 63 days of maternal incubation we came home tonight to find this.

Mum is off the eggs now while we wait for the babies to emerge, we have one very small het out, one albino out and two albino's with just their heads out of the eggs.

Mum looks awesome after all her hard work and we've finally been able to count all the eggs, 13 in total with one looking a bit dodgy.

I can't wait to see what we get.

Nik

Attachments

• DSC09115.jpg
    DSC09115.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 246
That is a great sight well done, and thanks for sharing.

what kind of success rates do you get with maternal incubation?

congrats on the babies! =]

Thanks smithson, she's amazing.

She has been perfect all the way through incubation.

They are 4 years old. The mother was around 3kg when we put her with the male.

Wow thanks for that budI have a yearling het and an albino femaleHatchy so I have some years to go beforI get some pinkes Cheers hope all gos well for you!!

Last edited:
Congratulations, I'm thinking of trying the maternal incubation next season. I'm surprised at the hatch time as it is not all that much longer than doing them in a incubator.

Great stuff! I love the contrast between the mother and baby heads in your photo. I hope they all do well for you.

Great photo, you could use that as a mothers day card..... if your mum was a python of course.

Congrats on the babies, you'll have to keep us updated on how the come along over the next coupld of weeks.

seeing the bubs poke out under mum must give you such a rush,....more so than in a tub of vermiculite anyway!!

absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing. :)

update

Just a quick update, we ended up with 12 hatchies, 9 being albino.

They are all doing really well.

Attachments

• DSC09652.jpg
    DSC09652.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC09656.jpg
    DSC09656.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC09699.jpg
    DSC09699.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 55
im really sorry but im horrible at identifying snakes.... there coastals????? please correct me if im wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back