Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of months for fingerprints? Damn are they serious? I never knew it to be that long...I am about to start my Policing course soon :)

should call C.S.I. they can do all the forensics and catch the bad guys in under an hour

Straight out i love our police force, and im putting everything on the line to become one. But there are things that are just stupid...This being one of them. If you got a suspect, surely you can run his prints with the ones you have instead of running them through millions of prints and waiting months... :S

should call C.S.I. they can do all the forensics and catch the bad guys in under an hour

NCIS too..... but don't call NCIS L.A...... they shoot all the bad guys before they can question them.

Hope you get you boy back soon Crazy.

Gibbs: Grab your gear, there's a missing snake in South Windsor Australia
Dinozzo: Eheee I hate snakes!
Zeva: Does this mean we're going to the land over under?
McGee: ....down under.

Lol someone watches to much tv, you do that to well.

Sorry if this sounds silly but put a post on FB and get everyone to share it with a pic of your Roughie - even just something simple eg "Stolen - Roughie's details and pic - loved pet etc - info wanted/please return/etc". It can be hard for the thieves etc to show off the lad with his scales plastered across FB!

That is such crap about the finger prints, my 93yo neighbour was home invaded and beaten up by two "lads", they got finger prints and had the scumbags caught within 48 hours.
I was talking to the guy who took the prints and he said they have the equipment to take the prints and load them into the database on site in minutes (once they have collected the prints that is).
Also the footage hardly takes weeks to go over.
Unfortunately you case is on the back burner as the police have to deal with monsters that home invade old ladies, we can thank our crumbling society for that.

Good luck, I really hope you find your snake

That is such crap about the finger prints, my 93yo neighbour was home invaded and beaten up by two "lads", they got finger prints and had the scumbags caught within 48 hours.
I was talking to the guy who took the prints and he said they have the equipment to take the prints and load them into the database on site in minutes

Thats only good if the people they are looking for are on the database already. If they haven't been finger printed before then they won't have them.

Thats only good if the people they are looking for are on the database already. If they haven't been finger printed before then they won't have them.
until they, feeling confident they got away with that job, move on to the next one, get caught, fingerprinted
and "hey presto"... look what is waiting for them under their prints.
they cant keep getting away with it -will eventually catch up. but by then, your stuff is long gone.

Ride your Police continually for up front answers otherwise it is likely they will no longer give a toss.
I have seen first hand on many occassions how useless many of them can be.
Many of my friends are or were police (god help our people).

I was talking to the guy who took the prints and he said they have the equipment to take the prints and load them into the database on site in minutes (once they have collected the prints that is).
Also the footage hardly takes weeks to go over.
Unfortunately you case is on the back burner as the police have to deal with monsters that home invade old ladies, we can thank our crumbling society for that.

Good luck, I really hope you find your snake

Police don't rank a robbery as very high on there priority list, that's why it's going to take months for the prints to come back, and the security footage is taking so long because the TAB hasn't given the footage to them yet.

A home invasion is a serious offense, especially if someone is attacked during a home invasion, that's why they got the prints done so quick. If your neighbour was just robbed, then there would be little chance the police would spend much time on the case. I have lost count of the number of times I have been robbed, and not once have they ever caught the people that robbed me.

Police don't rank a robbery as very high on there priority list, that's why it's going to take months for the prints to come back, and the security footage is taking so long because the TAB hasn't given the footage to them yet.

A home invasion is a serious offense, especially if someone is attacked during a home invasion, that's why they got the prints done so quick. If your neighbour was just robbed, then there would be little chance the police would spend much time on the case. I have lost count of the number of times I have been robbed, and not once have they ever caught the people that robbed me.

Yeap spot on, I was just pointing out that if they need to they can get the results quite quickly.

I really feel for you, losing my reptiles would be like losing a part of my soul

Ring up the Tab yourself , I'll bet the Police are full of it. A similar video senario happened to another member her ( stolen car ), and he was told a similar story by the Police except we rang the sevice station with the alledged video footage and no surprise, the police were being useless.

Last edited:
From the police's point of view, a $500 dollar snake theft is very low on their importance list. I hope you find it mate as regardless of the dollar value, I don't like the idea of some scumbag in my house.

I have been burnt by two people and one cost me $5500 and the next time it cost me $7000. One was reptile related from a scumbag POS in Cairns and the other was from a supposed mate that was building me a boat. I had paid him over 40K of my hard earned before he went broke. Needless to say I only got 33K back and that took over 6 months.

In your case I would be wild about some rat with no respect entering your house and sorting through your gear. My snakes are not pets as such so I don't get attached to them however I feel sorry for your loss. You can only imagine how Pilbara Pythons feels when he had about 40 snakes stolen that were owned by him!

I can guarantee if it was a coppers house that was broken into they would have them with in the hour. If i were you i would look at the video surveillance get a positive ID and sort out the scum bags myself. Its not like the boys in blue will get off there bums to pay you a visit. If i can help out in any way let me know.

Unfortunately, there's not much progress.

The police are still waiting on finger prints and security footage. I've put out more flyers and I'm doing letterbox drops.

Honestly, I'm a little stuck.

I have details of the people that robbed me (names and addresses) and where my snake has apparently been sold to (just the address), but if anything happens to them, then the police are knocking on my door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back