Crossing Doulble White Lines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo

Reaction score
Crossing Double White Lines

Just got fined today for crossing double white lines while riding my motorbike, fair enough I was braking the law, what really annoyed me was after recieving the infringement notice the police officer got back into his HWY Patrol car and did a u-turn over the double white lines:evil:.
How unfair is that.

Last edited:
double white lines

If you had a camera you could of taken a pic and not got the fine.
Why you ask is because you could of taken your case to court and won! The police cannot give a fine and break the law too! You would of had hard evidence, oh well you know for next time,if there ever is a next time.

Thing is I had a camera, and by the time the officer had done the u-turn it was too late. Hind sight is 20-20.

Police are to a degree exempt from road regulations whilst doing their job. Taking a photo will only result in antagonizing them, resulting in more perceived unfairness.

I read an interesting story awhile ago about a worksafe inspector pulled up for speeding on the Hume Hwy. Worksafe guy re payed police officer with an infringement notice for not wearing a safety vest whilst on a roadway. I believe the fine far outweighed the speeding ticket.

My day just got better after getting fined, I filled up my bike at the next service station and proceeded home then I got a flat rear tyre which I was able to repair on the side of the road, but the rear tyre will cost more than the traffic infringement I recieved earlier.

At home now with family and about to go get some movies, sit back and relax. Anytime with with the family is always better Dragonwolf.
It is obvious I need to practice more patience on the road when people are driving 40kms/hour under the speed limit.

at least you got fined for something you actually did, my old ss got impounded for something i didnt do, got talked to like a criminal the whole time and had my car gone for 3 months.... i love the highway patrol :p

Council bylaws officers [ they are NOT police no matter what they think ] park anywhere they like while booking you for being 5 min over your time limit . Karma will sort them out at a later date .

Police are only exempt whilst in the act of doing their job. If they took off and did an illegal u-turn over double white lines without sirens or lights going then they have broken the law. I would bring it up with your local police station and explain to them that you understand you broke the law and are willing to pay the price but you are concerned that the officers also broke the law. Remember that they work for us. They are paid with our taxes and it doesn't give them the right to break the law as well.

Sorry kids ,but dont complain if your in the wrong. Even when your right its not allways worth it. I got booked many yrs ago for speeding, which i WAS doing, but the very next day i got booked by the same cops at the same spot and to this day i was NOT speeding. Went to court ,found guilty of course, and had my car defected for window tint within 200 mtrs of leaving the courthouse. Ross.

Many thoughts have crossed my mind on what to do about the traffic infringement notice and the events that happened directly after (Re illegal u-turn), but at the end of day I did brake the law, I could have pulled over on the side of the road (Which is what I normally do) and wait for a while and give some distance between myself and the cars, but today my impatience got the better of me and I was caught out.
76drew76 I don't think it is worth the hassle of going to the police station and stating my concerns re the illegal u-trun, he would have some excuse anyway.
And thanks for the you-tube footage Waruikazi very entertaining.

Triumph Tiger 1050, love it and had it just under 3 years now.

Cool, I've never ridden one of them. Do they do good wheelies. Not on the road of course.
Do you ever take it to the track or drags? I don't do much road riding anymore.

Yes it does pick the front wheel up very easily and it does take you to over the speed limit easily as well. The fine I just receiced was the first one on the Tiger and hopefully the last.
If you can go by what is written about the Tiger it does the 1/4 mile in 11.5secs at around 190kms/hour, but I have never had it on the drag strip to test for certain.
But something I'm very interested in is doing some track days so I can have some fun legally and in a controlled environment.

Track days are awesome, I've lost count how many I've done, been doing them for years now.
I'm sure you would love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back