Woodie Shortage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time no speak.

So I have ackies that are getting very hungry indeed, and sand swimmers that love their roaches! I have been breeding my own woodies and feeding my lizards from my colony for a few years now but all of a sudden my numbers are VERY low.

I seem to be getting a poor recruitment from my woodies - there are only very tiny ones and adults around. Because the colony is so old I wonder whether their fertility is just dropping off. The numbers are far lower and they're not eating like they did in their hay-day.

My question is this - WHERE can I buy bulk woodies from to rejuvenate my colony?

I have emailed herpshop with no reply, and I dunno where else to turn - can anybody recommend me somewhere?

Thanks
PhilK

I got some from a member on here, I'm not sure if I can name him but I can PM you if you want.

You can also them from ARC, Livefoods Unlimited and there was another one but I forgot who.

in Qld. Sunstate Crickets and Livefoods Unlimited, the latter of whom, i think, is a sponser on this site are 2 places you might try,i have dealt with both, satisfactorily It should read , " the latter of which ", not the latter of whom, " thank you for your kindness in not pointing it out.

Last edited:
Herp Shop has been out of them for a while and ARC only has small packs of adult roaches for sale.
Livefood Unlimited is the only one I know of with bulk roaches in all sizes available.
I have my order in for this week :)
The link to their site is in this sites sponsors list under the Rodents or Feed section.

Last edited:
I have more roaches then I can count to. Here's a picture of one of my breeders giving birth
31b489f8-34fb-e301.jpg

Cheers Brenton

Yeah brave Dave has some.

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back