cleaning your python? and feeding question?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilchy

Reaction score
my coastal that ive had for 2 and a half weeks now had his first meal the other day he is about 8-9 months old, i got told to feed him fuzzy rats but i got abit confused at the shop cause they were no help and though the fuzzys were to big so i just bought a pack of pinkie rats he ended up eating 2 that i gave him should i try give him a fuzzy? ive sent a message to the breeder asking how big the fuzzys she was feeding him but have yet to receive a reply, but anyway he is roughly 60 to 80cm closer to 70ish though

but back to my first question with his second pinkie it seemed to bleed a fair bit over his coils and when he finished it he put his head through the coil and now the first quarter of his head is all shiny and seems kinda stiff he did feed about 2 days ago so he seems fine to pick up, i had him out before
is there anyway i could clean him without causing stress or should i just leave it untill he sheds again, i have no idea how long that will be though
cheers daniel

he/she will be fine it wont harm the snake in anyway, after a while it will dry and flake off.
and with the fuzzys i cant see why you couldent try him on them ? just give it a go!

Looking at the pics in your other thread.....he will be fine with fuzzy rats, you could prob even go the next size up, which are hoppers.

As for the blood.......have you got a large enough bowl in the enclosure that your snake can lay in.......it will clean itself if it feels the need. You can also give it a bath in some warm water though if it is bugging you!

fuzzies could vary from say 10-20 grams depending upon the strain of rat they are from. Either way it doesn't matter. Pinkies would be too small for theat anima as there is virtually no fibre value. Given the time of year your animal is likely to be 12 months old and so should take 30 gram food items.

thanks guys ill give him a fuzzy on friday, cannot wait watching him feed is quite exciting :D

The easiest way to clean a snake is to use a damp towel....just get the snake to crawl through it until it is clean....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back