Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Central coast beach suburbs are amazing etc Wamberal, Terrigal, Avoca with nice restaurants and fantastic beaches. We have one good night club. A reptile park is a plus lol, an ice rink and a few skate parks but everything else is ****

I'd like to know what this good night club is cause i've never stepped into one ever on the coast?
The one and only good thing about the coast are the beaches. The entrance is our main attraction but any local know's there is no point going near there in any type of holiday.

I'd like to know what this good night club is cause i've never stepped into one ever on the coast?
The one and only good thing about the coast are the beaches. The entrance is our main attraction but any local know's there is no point going near there in any type of holiday.

lol I agree... I lived up there for a while and the only 'night club' that I had fun in was Grab-a-Grannie at the leagues club in Gossy, and the only reason I had fun is because they had to chase me to kick me out. The Central coast has very little going for it except for some of the beaches...

:cry:i miss the gold coast. that's my home.........miss burliegh point fun waves paddle out of the cove.........i miss 25th ave palm beach where i used to walk across the road half asleep to catch a wave early morning........i miss friends.........i miss david fleays wild life park, i miss currumbin wild life sanctuary where i would go for bacon & eggs for breakfast on a sunday morning with the lizards sitting on my table wanting to eat my scraps , my partner used to do voluntary work there , i miss my snake calls i used to get........i miss currumbin rock pools, I miss the local pet shop. Im home sick and im moving back home..........miss the house that i grew up in that my grandparents owned at tallebudgera where i used to catch snakes and lizards as a kid. just have to stay here working untill i can afford to move back........its not bad here though, i shouldn't complain, though was better licensing in qld..........LOL better state....life was easier...............you walk down the beach or street people will say hello. doesn't happen here much, though out in the surf people do but thats part of surfing culture and one of the best sports eva. also where i live the beach now is 25 minutes away. that to me is like over seas cross the other side of the world. (what have i done)....no wonder i was out there for 6 hours strait yesterday,........can some one just flick a switch and beem me back home...........:lol:

:cry:i miss the gold coast. that's my home.........miss burliegh point fun waves paddle out of the cove.........i miss 25th ave palm beach where i used to walk across the road half asleep to catch a wave early morning........i miss friends.........i miss david fleays wild life park, i miss currumbin wild life sanctuary where i would go for bacon & eggs for breakfast on a sunday morning with the lizards sitting on my table wanting to eat my scraps , my partner used to do voluntary work there , i miss my snake calls i used to get........i miss currumbin rock pools, I miss the local pet shop. Im home sick and im moving back home..........miss the house that i grew up in that my grandparents owned at tallebudgera where i used to catch snakes and lizards as a kid. just have to stay here working untill i can afford to move back........its not bad here though, i shouldn't complain, though was better licensing in qld..........LOL better state....life was easier...............you walk down the beach or street people will say hello. doesn't happen here much, though out in the surf people do but thats part of surfing culture and one of the best sports eva. also where i live the beach now is 25 minutes away. that to me is like over seas cross the other side of the world. (what have i done)....no wonder i was out there for 6 hours strait yesterday,........can some one just flick a switch and beem me back home...........:lol:

I understand .. I had to move to Melbourne when my Dad was ill (stayed for 6 whole years) and every single day my heart yearned for the mountains of the Scenic Rim SE Qld.
Back now and all is well... I can see my mountains again

Home is where the heart is

Cheers
Sandee :)

Nothing but I'm biased.
No wild snakes in my back yard.
Trying to move, hmm where is that new years resolution thread.

Nothing but I'm biased.
Trying to move, hmm where is that new years resolution thread.

Should be brown snakes aplenty, mate! A pretty regular occurance, even in the Adelaide Burb's.

I reckon having a few pairs of these nesting within a few minutes drive from my house is pretty cool.
PalmCockatoo.jpg

Being able to do this everyday is not bad either.
Lily-2.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

Then there is the fishing.
Spanish600x400.jpg

BigThreadfin600x800.jpg

Seeing these guys everytime I go for a herp has it's benefits.I guess :)
GreenPythoncoiledfixed.jpg

Wild Eccies are also pretty cool. People in the city get to see a similar thing at nightclubs I hear? I wouldn't know though as we don't have a night club here.
IMG_3342-1.jpg

There are countless species of my beloved Carlia (well was once all Carlia) genus
IMG_3263.jpg

Best of all, the distinct lack of people. It is good for the soul when there is not a soul around!
CampontheKingRiver-1.jpg

Plenty of other cool wildlife to see
SpottedQuoll2.jpg

On the Sunshine Coast. Over 24 species of snake recorded plus great fishing, kayaking etc. The great unknown Conondale Ranges are just behind us. Unfortunately the coast is currently warm and full of girls in skimpy costumes with push-up bras which is making driving difficult
The driving has got even more difficult recently

Really? Sunshine Coast is a hole.
Brisbane is only a nine hour walk away. There are plenty of shopping centres to hang around and be bored in there

Got coastals and YFWS in mine. Plus Lacies and ewd. I'm surprised I haven't seen GTS and BTS in my backyard -YET

I live in moonta S.A. place is a hole, 40c+ for a week then drops to 23c for a week then back up to 40c+ the only herps you see are blueys, sleepys, some beardies and brown snakes galore, the locals around here think that the shovel is the best snake catcher in the area, and the amount of people who swerve all over the rd in an attempt to kill any reptile they see down here disgusts me.
When i told one of my customers that it is an offence to kill native wildlife and that she could get fined for it she complained to my boss that i threatened her and recieved a written warning. The nightlife is non existant and the fishing gets too much with 800+ boats trying to put in at the worst pontoons in the country. All in all there is nothing good to say about Moonta S.A. it is a dive, if given a choice steer clear.

I live in moonta S.A. ..only herps ..fishing....
A few years ago we did a herping trip to York Peninsula with the SA museum. there is plenty there but is hard to find. The following are from that trip
photoImage.php

photoImage.php

photoImage.php

photoImage.php

photoImage.php

and many more ( a Western Bluey was also found about an hour after I left)
And the cliffs off Innes Nat park were great for salmon fishing

40c+ for a week then drops to 23c for a week then back up to 40c+ ...
That's what sucks about SA, it doesn't like temperatures in the 30s, it's either high 20s or low 40s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back