Opinions: Aussies held captive on Japanese ship

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be referring to harvesting the basis of the Antartic oceanic food chain?

Shame they cant find something to control the giant jellies filling their domestic nets.

Like the fish that aren't there any more.

i am anti whaling and if it was up to me i would personally sink any vessel that goes hunting whales however i dont agree with the way these guys are going about it because it doesnt do the cause any good when those doing the 'saving' end up looking and sounding like idiots and breaking the law in the name of the 'doing the right thing' doesnt do the cause any good, NO i couldnt do it simply because i have this fear of the ocean and as such you wouldnt find me out there on the open sea

we all know they are using the 'scientific research' as a cover for killing these whales, Japan is such a technologically advanced country that there is NO need to kill these whales when they can simply attach things to them to record everything from their movements to what kind of food they are eating and in what quantities

all they are doing it killing these whales for food, then this food is being fed to their children at schools to make sure they have another generation so they can continue to make money

even if it was a 'legit' reason to murder these whales i honestly cant see why they need the hundreds they are 'allowed' to take from the ocean when surely one or two of each species would be more then enough to tell them what they want to know

its time the big countries and governments around the world grew a set and put these murderers in their place by banning any and all whaling regardless of any 'research' a country claims it needs to do but it wont happen and we all know why

The world has agreed that whaling shouldn't take place and Japan is ignoring that agreement. Good on the protestors for trying to bring it to our attention. Sure there actions may not be conventional but to condem is a bit like charging someone for jay-walking if they cross the street diagonally to save a burning child. Sometimes rules need to be broken to achieve a greater purpose!

Last edited by a moderator:
For an even better giggle , Google " DERIC AND CLIVE " and find "WHALES". I think its there ??. Deric and Clive are the British comedians Peter Cook and Dudly Moore and if swearing offends you dont even think about it. AT ALL !!.

It is time Australian's actually did something about protecting any vulnerable species regardless of shape, size, species ect. Protected from ALL races regardless of what happened 20 000 years ago. Loggerheads, Green, Flatbacks and Hawksbills are all on the Vulnerable list so be prepared to loose some amazing species if we allow Traditional hunting to continue. Commercial fisherman have already made efforts to prevent the capture of these species with great success yet Indeginous hunting does not even get a mention.

Wake up Australia or we will loose them before we know what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
australian politics is such that they will continue to bring out meaningless nanny state laws to seem like they are doing something but never actually tackle anything important.

For an even better giggle , Google " DERIC AND CLIVE " and find "WHALES". I think its there ??. Deric and Clive are the British comedians Peter Cook and Dudly Moore and if swearing offends you dont even think about it. AT ALL !!.
The late Peter Cook,s ), therapist, (Bob ) was a guest in this house about 5 years ago...Peter cook had terrible alcahol problems, thaught the sessions (group ), were doing him no good, said he wouldn,t come back..but always did

Navy needs to SINK those Japanese whaling ships defying our courts and killing our whales in our waters.

make them walk the plank!

they boarded the ship with out permision

Can't view the link for some reason so I didn't get a chance to read it but...

Did the Japanese whalers have legal permission to hunt whales? I was under the impression that they didn't (at least from watching the show a few time...which obviously may not be accurate in its representation) If they didn't then I don't see it being so horrible that they boarded a ship illegally to stop another illegal act...2 wrongs don't make a right but still.......

If the Japanese did have permission to whale then the protesters should be arrested...

Edit: Oh it was in Australian waters...in that case my opinion changes completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back