Insomnia remedies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarafritz2011

Reaction score
Hey all,

Soo.. I suspect I have some form of insomnia. I have had a sleep study done however have been waiting over a month to get my results.
I will be ringing sometime this week to be asking why I have been waiting four weeks when I was told two.
Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knows of any natural rememides that may help with insomnia? My main issue is it takes me roughly three to four hours to fall asleep at night, and I wake up a number of times, therefore never get a solid period of sleep. On average, I get around 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night, as I wake up often and find it difficult to fall back to sleep. It's driving me currrazy.

And no, a shot of whiskey (or any other alcohol in fact) is not what I'm after :)

Thanks in advance for anybody who has any suggestions...

Have you tried Acupuncture? it helped me! I all so take Vit D now and that helped me a lot not just with sleeping but with other issues I have. Id go and see a Homeopath perhaps as well!

I tend to eat dinner before 6pm now if I can and im in bed by 930 and this helped a bit. Plus I dont have tea or coffee after 11am. :)

The "Herbal Alternative" maybe ?

Haha none of that either..

Have you tried Acupuncture? it helped me! I all so take Vit D now and that helped me a lot not just with sleeping but with other issues I have. Id go and see a Homeopath perhaps as well!

I tend to eat dinner before 6pm now if I can and im in bed by 930 and this helped a bit. Plus I dont have tea or coffee after 11am. :)

I am going to wait and see what my results say and if they can't offer me a solution I think I will go and see one. I have my dinner between 5:30 and 6:30 most nights, am in bed by 9-9:30pm most nights, and don't drink tea of coffee at all. I drink coke but not after around midday. I have tried the whole "read a book, relaxation tapes, excerise before bed" spiel with no relief :(

Thank you though! I may just take your advice on the homeopath if the clinic can't offer me a solution.

"caltrate plus" all adults should take it anyway especially females, its calcium, magnesium and d3
take two tablets half hour before bed, l take this myself and swear by it, plus the natural skeletal benefits to youself.
......solar 17 (baden)

"caltrate plus" all adults should take it anyway especially females, its calcium, magnesium and d3
take two tablets half hour before bed, l take this myself and swear by it, plus the natural skeletal benefits to youself.
......solar 17 (baden)

Thanks, I'll look into that :)

Get a bong, some scotch and 3 valium.

Fill the bong with scotch, smoke the 3 valium through the bong then drink the scotch. It'll work a treat, apparently.

Not that I'd condone this irresponsible behaviour.

Nighty night princess ;)

What solar suggested along with zinc tablets taken before bedtime can be beneficial for sleep. Regular exercise can help also as it helps to relieve stress which may contribute to the insomnia.

What solar suggested along with zinc tablets taken before bedtime can be beneficial for sleep. Regular exercise can help also as it helps to relieve stress which may contribute to the insomnia.

Thanks. I've tried the whole exercising deal but it didn't seem to do much good for me, if anything I was more awake afterwards :|

Maybe a handful or six of vitamins is the way to go.

I suffered with bad insomnia for nearly a year, I used the natures own complete sleep tablets, they work a treat and a few months on them and now I have no troubles sleeping. I used to be the same as you, took me hours to fall asleep, when I was asleep I was very restless, it's not good. Those tablets you can buy at nearly every chemist and Health food store, it's all natural. Take 2 tablets 30 minutes before bed, it helps you get to sleep, stay asleep, and wake up feeling refreshed.

I suffered with bad insomnia for nearly a year, I used the natures own complete sleep tablets, they work a treat and a few months on them and now I have no troubles sleeping. I used to be the same as you, took me hours to fall asleep, when I was asleep I was very restless, it's not good. Those tablets you can buy at nearly every chemist and Health food store, it's all natural. Take 2 tablets 30 minutes before bed, it helps you get to sleep, stay asleep, and wake up feeling refreshed.

I've tried those as I hear good reviews, but they didn't do anything for me :(
Thanks though. I'm going to write these suggstions down.

I have delayed phase sleep disorder... I find it hard to get to sleep before around 3 or 4am every night. Although once I am asleep I generally don't wake up without heaps of alarms. Despite having this for the last million years (it feels like), I don't really have any awesome tips. One thing I sometimes do is play games of solitare repetitively on my phone... sometimes that works. I haven't tried anything herbal or homeopathic or anything for it which I probably should. I was medicated once but it turned me into a zombie the next day.
The 'special cuddles' suggestion is probably the only other thing I would suggest lol

Having suffered severe insomnia for most of my teenage and adult life, I have tried most everything on the planet. I now resign myself to the fact that I am a night owl and have learnt to get by very well on 3-4 hours sleep a night. I am much happier now I no longer force myself to try and sleep and just go to bed when I am tired, I also find this is the difference between getting a few hours sleep and none at all. Every now and then it all catches up and I will sleep 16+ hours straight. Takes a little adjusting if you work or study but if you eat well and otherwise look after yourself it is ok.

Get a bong, some scotch and 3 valium.

Fill the bong with scotch, smoke the 3 valium through the bong then drink the scotch. It'll work a treat, apparently.

Not that I'd condone this irresponsible behaviour.

Nighty night princess ;)

Wow Beard, I didn't know you were a doctor?

Try sleeping earlier?

It's not that simple unfortunately, the problem is that it is taking me longer than it should to fall asleep. An average night for me is: dinner at 6ish, in bed between 830 and 930, dont fall asleep until around 1230-1am, wake up usually around 430, again at 530, and then up at 7 for work each day.

No point going to bed at 7 if im still not falling asleep till 1 :(

Having suffered severe insomnia for most of my teenage and adult life, I have tried most everything on the planet. I now resign myself to the fact that I am a night owl and have learnt to get by very well on 3-4 hours sleep a night. I am much happier now I no longer force myself to try and sleep and just go to bed when I am tired, I also find this is the difference between getting a few hours sleep and none at all. Every now and then it all catches up and I will sleep 16+ hours straight. Takes a little adjusting if you work or study but if you eat well and otherwise look after yourself it is ok.

I have tried telling myself the same thing, and I'm okay with my sleeping patterns on the weekend, but I can't function a 9 hour work day on 4 hours sleep. It is getting to the point where I am too exhausted that I am ill most of the time and I am always tired, never refreshed and never switched on... I've been suffering this for about four years now and it's getting to the point where I just want to know if there is something wrong and if I can do anything to fix it..

Trouble is at my age doctors arent so keen to prescribe sleeping pills as I may become dependant on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back