When & How......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bel03

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Im about to get a 3yr old female beardie, her previous owner has just had a baby & just doesnt have the time for her (she loves people & loves attention)

Obviously she will be housed seperately from Muppet (my 2mnth old male beardie) but my question is, when should i introduce them to each other, & how should i do this? Would it be best to put them in tubs beside each other so they can see each other without contact at first, & how long should i do this before actually letting them out together? (supervised of course!)

Any helpful tips/ideas would be great! :D

pics bel PICS!!! so jealous! have been trying to find an adult female for barry!!
i love how you went from not being dragons biggest fan to now having 2 LOL

Last edited:
I know right! I NEVER would have dreamt of even having one this time a yr ago......but now.......I AM IN LOVE!!! So much so that i STILL only have the one snake......:| mmmmmm THAT i have to change! :lol:

I will post pics as soon as i get her, i actually forgot my camera & havent taken any of her yet! When i was asked to take her, i had to think about it for awhile.....its just a space issue........i didnt even think of you, i should have! But anyway, i worked it out......the other half had to remove his fish tank from the bedroom :lol: next i will downgrade to a single bed, & he will get the couch ;)

adult beardys are the best, i wouldnt introduce them for a little while yet aswell.
make sure the adult has a fairly good enclosure. maybe start looking at something that would house the both
but just keep the adult in that . wont hurt it .. bigger the better .
and mist them daily :)

"Mimi's" enclosure is 6Lx4ftHx2.5W........she will be in there on her own, even when Muppet is grown, they will be housed seperatley forever.
I was planning on waiting a little while before introducing them, but when i do, im wanting to know how........as she is obviously so much bigger then him, i dont want her to hurt him! She has bred twice in the past, so she has been around other beardies, & was fine, but the size difference worries me! After she has settled, should i do the tub thing?

Oh, & yes, misting daily & weekly, sometimes twice weekly baths, check! ;)

i find a shallow bath a good place to introduce them,......providing they enjoy baths ofcourse,....

aside from that, wait till muppet is less mealsized,..... :p

good to see you become such a beardy addict so quickly!! :p

Muppet loves the bath! & Mimi apparently also enjoys a nice warm bath.......so that may just work! Thanks for the tip! & yes, waiting until my boy isnt 'mealsize' is what im planning....the way he eats, it shouldnt be long! :lol:

am jealous! ...no i am not really :D already added another enclosure for another beardie as well as an enclosure for a small snake to my goal list lol
cant wait to see pics Bel :)

I think i would have another 20 enclosures at least if i could......damn hubby & kids taking up too much space though! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back