Best feeling in the world!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightsMistress

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just saved a beautiful gravid Eastern Bluey from my dogs today. She is now in a decent sized box with water, snails and a blankie. Planning on re-locating her this weekend :) Bluey's just seem to love my huge yard despite of my big dogs lol. Or should I keep her in an enclosure till she has her babies (cause its around that time isnt it?) and then release to make sure everything is ok? I know its illegal to keep them...

Good stuff, a blankie? hahaha i would let her go asap if there's no signs that the dogs have got hold of her. I'm no expert and don't keep blueys but being gravid and wild it's probably doing more stress then good keeping her in the box and waiting for her to give birth even if she does have a blankie haha..

I actually dont think she is gravid, I was seeing things lol. I should let my male mate with her before I let her go. Spreading the love around the world. Lol jokes. Yeah I like to make sure that when I have a bluey thats being kept in a box for a few days, i make sure they are comfortable lol. She was really scared when I saved her from them, she did a massive crap already in the box ha ha, I cleaned it and put extra holes in the box for better air circulation. She is now sleeping :) she has a very fem face and wide hips so I suspect that she is a girl. Looks to be 2 to 3 years old...

Im thinking Stanwell Park would be a good place to let her go. There are dogs, cars and cats all around this area so im not enthusiastic about letting her go here.

Last edited:
If she isnt injured, you should let her go straight away why keep her in a box till the w/e? ( just wondering)... And its illegal to let your male mate to her. How you proceed is up to you i guess...

Last edited:
I think she was joking about the mating mate but i agree with you a 110%

Yeah I was joking lol. And she wont survive if I let her out here, its really dangerous like I previously stated. The box is huge, but I dont want to keep her in it just as much as you do. I would rather not find her torn up in my yard.

Yeah I was joking lol. And she wont survive if I let her out here, its really dangerous like I previously stated. The box is huge, but I dont want to keep her in it just as much as you do. I would rather not find her torn up in my yard.

Then let her go somewhere else, do you have a carer's licence? Is it injured? How do you know it's a she? Glad you rescued it though

And because on the weekend im heading out to a place where she would be safe, like I previously stated. And she actually looks emaciated thats why I thought I would get food into her and make sure she was in a better condition before I let her go. I have alot of snails and fruit spare o_O

I was expecting something completely different when opening this thread...

like other reptiles she/he is better to be let go nearby to the place the were found- have you some open grond nearby- drain/park/garden ?
not a good idea to put her somwhere unfamiliar.

like other reptiles she/he is better to be let go nearby to the place the were found- have you some open grond nearby- drain/park/garden ?
not a good idea to put her somwhere unfamiliar.

lol ok lets stick the bluey down the drain
:shock:

Not so fond about putting it in a drain lol. I just thought of a spot where I could release her, its a park creek thing with bush and trees (ha ha) about 10 to 15 min walk from mine. Ill get her there in the morning :) So glad I remembered that place... Then I can relax knowing that she will be safe :) Too bad my male isnt getting any action lol. Anyone got a female bluey for sale? XD

Good on ya for doing the right thing and saving her from the dogs :) !! Even better that you found a safe place nearby to let her go !! Thumbs up to you :)

first you thought she was gravid then you say she is emaciated...... isnt that 2 competley different ends of the scale??

if you worried about releasing her back where you found her, and if you are worried she is under weight then l would be taking her to a local vet where they can asses her and contact someone from WISE or another wildlife organisation (different for each state i think), let them rehabilitate her and release her. If it is safe to release her where you found her then do that. It is illegal to keep from the wild in all states except Tassie (as far as l have been reading). Be careful that there is no contact between your captive bred and the wild bluey as the wild one may have mites, worms etc. Make sure you thoroghly clean hands etc so as not to pass on any potentual disease to your bluey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back