Electrical change

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brettmorton

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey all, have noticed with my enclosure that the lights keep blowing and are hard to find thwt wattage and type of light i need, it is a bayonette atm, is there anyone around the gold coast area or knows someone that could change the fitting to ceramic so i can aquire lights easier

cheers

mine was doing that till i put in on a thermostat and its a little hot to have lights on

What sort of fitting and how is it mounted? A pic would help..Herp shop have
width="100%"
|-
| width="52%" | BC to ES adaptor (Converts a Bayonet Socket to Edison Screw)
| width="16%" |
[SIZE=+2]$17.50[/SIZE]​
|-

can find the bc to es adaptors for a few bucks on ebay, just search the international listings... ive bought several types of adaptors.. mainly es to gu10 and have never had a problem..

hey mate, what globes are you using? i had this problem bout this time 2010 till early 2011, it all stop when i changed globes

i have a box about 20cm under the light thats drilled in pretty tight so an adaptor would allmost touch the snake ifnot would when he basks up thre and last adadpter i baught he wrapped around it ,

atm i just have 50w baynette because i cant find anything until i get cereamic and dont want to pay $50 each time a light blows ive had 14 lights blow in 4 months

Last edited:
Swaping fittings is pretty basic.. simple google search should help you out..
what magical light is costing you 50 bucks?
Ive been using regular cheap house globes for last 10 years and have recently switched everything to regular cheap 240v halogens.. few bucks each..

How many enclosures are you running off 1 power point. What is the total wattage of all the heating run of 1 power point. If its drawing too much wattage it will use too much current which burns out the globes.

Consider purchasing a heat panel. They come fully wired so you'll just need to screw it into the roof of the enclosure. Though you may need to cut off the plug to thread the cord through the back of the enclosure, in which case you'll need to put a replacement plug on which is quite simple to do. They can be purchased from bunnings for a few bucks and come with instructions. The heat panel itself will cost $100+ but that's a bargain considering you'll never have to buy globes again.

Consider purchasing a heat panel. They come fully wired so you'll just need to screw it into the roof of the enclosure. Though you may need to cut off the plug to thread the cord through the back of the enclosure, in which case you'll need to put a replacement plug on which is quite simple to do. They can be purchased from bunnings for a few bucks and come with instructions. The heat panel itself will cost $100+ but that's a bargain considering you'll never have to buy globes again.

This ^^

I love the radiator heater I bought from ProHerp... can't recommend them enough!

This ^^

I love the radiator heater I bought from ProHerp... can't recommend them enough!

Agree that the proherp radiators are awsome, never buy bulbs again and they are cheaper run

Make sure the bulbs you are buying are rated up to 250v and use a dimming therostat. most cheap bulbs are only rated to 220v and that's the ones that blow regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back