cleanning products

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melly88

Reaction score
i was wondering what everyone else use to clean enclosures other then the disinfectants they sell at the pet shop.

Vinegar. Removes stains, odours and is completely safe. If you are washing anything to do with your reptiles or other pets, just dilute 1-2 cups per bucket and rinse using that (don't rinse it off though) Is a great germ barrier without the sprays. Make sure you get 100% vinegar and not pre-diluted. The ALDI stuff is the best I've found.

P.S. I use this full strength to rise out the bottom of the kitty litter tray when I clean it. Is great stuff.

i use F10 cant go past it. i rarely leave my cages get dirty enough to need anything too harsh (as in disinfectant's) if i do its just nothing a bit of elbow grease wont get off ;)

reptile cleaner! smells great and does the job

I use F10. I also use "The ultimate Cage Cleaner" by URS this is one is a pet shop disinfectant.

Last edited by a moderator:
F10 here as well. 200ml makes 100 litres = about 30 cents a litre.

I use F10 great stuff. If you want to get it I can highly recommend Hissnbits they have great service and are really quick.

We use and sell F10, it's the only decent product in my opinion!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the subject of f10, is it safe for the animals?
I spray a diluted f10 mixture into the enclosure and let it sit for 30 minutes and then wipe it dry with paper towel.
Should I then give the enclosure a wipe with a damp cloth? Or its peefectly fine to just wipe.dry the f10?

We spray it into the enclosure, wipe around with a cloth and warm water, reline the enclosure and then put the animal back.....no waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of Melaleuca products, same stuff we use for cleaning the house. Tough & Tender (either the wipes if I'm feeling Lazy or the spray) for the enclosure and Clear Power for the glass..... My wife and I have been using it for a year now after my father in law recommended it (you buy it on-line after being referred by a member). I clean the enclosure then give it a final wipe with a wet (with water) kitchen towel as a precaution..... Think I am outnumbered by F10 users though LOL ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back