The best kind of snake call!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam,

I'm curious, do you do these relocations for extra cash in the uni holidays (I think you're a student)?

Thanks.

No, I work 6 days a week at the local reptile park for cash (and experience and pure enjoyment) over holidays. I'm very particular about charging the bare minimum with snake calls, usually 5 - 20 bucks depending on how far I drive to cover fuel costs. And I spend as long as possible at each one (sometimes, and Wookie can attest to this, two hours or more) educating people, because the way I see it if I charge stuff all and make it really worthwhile for them they're more likely to call next time, and my number one priority is protecting snakes from people by education and, if necessary, relocation.

I like stories with happy endings . . . . and Terry Pratchett

I had to take a second glance at the signature myself; there's not many people I've seen quoting Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophesies of Agnes Nutter. It's one of my all-time favourite books :D
Beautiful little babies Cam, love the pics!

No, I work 6 days a week at the local reptile park for cash (and experience and pure enjoyment) over holidays. I'm very particular about charging the bare minimum with snake calls, usually 5 - 20 bucks depending on how far I drive to cover fuel costs. And I spend as long as possible at each one (sometimes, and Wookie can attest to this, two hours or more) educating people, because the way I see it if I charge stuff all and make it really worthwhile for them they're more likely to call next time, and my number one priority is protecting snakes from people by education and, if necessary, relocation.

Yessir I can. I've tagged along to a few callouts and relocations with Cam. Sometimes he teaches me as much as he does the people who call him out. One place we headed out to as somebody contacted Cam to ask for advice on how to snakeproof his yard. We were there long enough that an RBB actually turned up for him to catch and Cam was jokingly accused of planting it there :lol:
Luke

We were there long enough that an RBB actually turned up for him to catch and Cam was jokingly accused of planting it there :lol:
Luke

Not a word of a lie. One of the coolest moments ever.

About to go release these guys, all 15 hatched successfully, even saw some of them drinking!

A few more pics. Bye, guys! I've had *sob* the time of my life...
DSC06119.JPGDSC06120.JPGDSC06127.JPGDSC06130.JPGDSC06136.JPG

Such gorgeous little guys! They are really too cute; bye little wriggers! Stay away from backyards and ignorant shovel-thugs!

I spend as long as possible at each one (sometimes, and Wookie can attest to this, two hours or more) educating people, because the way I see it if I charge stuff all and make it really worthwhile for them they're more likely to call next time, and my number one priority is protecting snakes from people by education and, if necessary, relocation.

Good idea. I'd really love to educate people about Aussie reptiles. I don't think I'll get everyone to see them the way I do - aw, isn't that coastal taipan cute - but I'd hope to change a few unwarranted attitudes.

We were there long enough that an RBB actually turned up for him to catch and Cam was jokingly accused of planting it there :lol:
Luke

How funny is that?

A few more pics. Bye, guys! I've had *sob* the time of my life...

Bye babies. Good luck and good hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back