i lost my 1yr old spotted python 7 days ago

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agro11

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i look every where for my spotted i put powder down around where theres a hole in the wall for my computer cables and 2 day after that i seen powder tracks up the side of my book case.but still cant find him i even cut a big hole in the wall where i think he could be this morning . there is a gap between the wall to the brick wall that Leeds under the house . can some one help me please

thanks tassie tryed that on the 3rd day but it didnt come out wondering if it could be under the house its been pretty cold last few day

I lost my hatchling and i thought it was gone forever and we did look everywhere each day we would look and one month later we founf the hatchling in the house in the oddest spot so don't give up you never know good luck hope you find your snake

thanks guys i am going to crawl under the house now wise me luck only got a 2 foot gap to crawl under

All I can suggest is to keep looking. Luckily I've only ever lost a snake for around 20 minutes or so, but from what I've read heaps of people end up finding them even if after a month or two.. So don't give up.

Dont panic too much I just found my escapee after 3 weeks and he had gotten outside.. they are fairly cautious and dont go racing off to the next suburb very quickly

nah looked under the house yesterday . last night i set up a one of those spring loaded rat cage lined it with snake mesh with a mouse in side it i wet the mouse and. ran the sent of the mouse over the hole in the wall then put it in the trap .still nothing .so i went out a got a jungle python now . to cheer me up lol

Make sure you fix the holes that allowed your other snake to escape. Otherwise, the new one won't be around for long. My snake got out twice when she was little. Cardboard and tape won't cut it. Wood and wood bonder/cement is what I ended up using.

thanks mate in all the year i reptiles i kick my self for not fixing the hole in the wall but now what do u do .it still could be in there if i fix it now it wont be able to get back in ?

hey guys the only place i haven't looked is in the roof under the eves

Last edited:
Most of the time you will find an escaped snake near Its encloser they know there safe place but If they can get outside they will and there gone so ggod luckIf not will be Inside somewhere just check behind everything they can hide In little spaces

nah looked under the house yesterday . last night i set up a one of those spring loaded rat cage lined it with snake mesh with a mouse in side it i wet the mouse and. ran the sent of the mouse over the hole in the wall then put it in the trap .still nothing .so i went out a got a jungle python now . to cheer me up lol

Phew.. For a minute there I thought you were going to say you set up a bear trap

About twenty or more yrs ago i put a Diamond Python outside to sun its self on the clothsline and totaly 4got about it for an hr or so after being distracted with doing something else. Needless to say that when i remembered what i had done and went to retrieve it , it was gone. About 2 or 3 weeks went by and no snake to be found. I was outside one day and i heard screams coming from a house about 75mtrs across a paddock. There was an old lady screaming , SNAKE !! , SNAKE !!. So i runs up there and there was my snake in her laundry. So i just picks it up and has a chat and tells the story to her and went home. A few weeks later my Mum was telling me a story that a friend of a friend had told her and guess what ?? Yep same story and Netta (mum) lives about 50 klms away. I hope that you find your lost baby too. Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back