Urgent advice needed on hurt python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there GE-PH can you let us know how this happened?
If there is a way that you can damage a snake like that, putting it
in it's enclosure then it would be good to be informed how it could happen
so people can take the info on board.
Sorry about your loss mate.

I am also curious as to how it happened. Did something fall on the tail while putting it in the enclosure? I am glad you took him to the vet, even if it was only to be euthanised. I think that was the right thing to do.

Its possible that the door was closed before the python had its full tail in. I have a side door on my enclosure and just stick Kevins head in and off he goes. I have nearly closed the door before he was all the way in, lucky I realised. Am ever vigilant since.

To the op, im very sorry for your loss, at the end of the day it is beside the point how it happened, you lost a pet either way, & that sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP, sorry for your loss. I'd hate to lose one of mine like that

Chase.

I guess the problem here is the op hasnt told us what happened......

Dead right. If one of my enclosures is capable of causing that sort of injury I want to know which one
and how it happened. A bit of clarification would be nice.

I also agree with the reasons people are wanting to know how it happened, as if it was a case of a faulty enclosure door or something, others will want to be aware of this, but again, i am assuming it was accidental, i am guessing the door was closed on the snake........& yes, while this shouldnt happen, it IS possible to make a mistake, & if this was the mistake made, well im sure the op is feeling quite bad already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back