Barramundi !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanzey

Reaction score
Hi guys, thought i would tell you about one of my favourite little creatures.

This is my Barra that I've had for about 4 months, I would say he is about 5 months old. He is a little small for his age, I put that down to having to feed him cichlid pellets rather then straight barra pellets. Because I coudn't find a pellet small enough I had to resort to this but now he is on 8mm pellets and has really put on the size in the last few weeks.

This is my second barra and i can already tell the difference between the attitudes between the two. The first one was very friendly, would let me take photos, pat him and hand feed him, whilst this one is very skitish ( was a mission trying to get him to stay calm to take these photos) and is very wary when I try and hand feed him. I guess I would put this down to not really spending more time around the tank with this one, mainly just a quick feed and leave or when I'm cleaning it.

My first one got to 60cm within 18months but sadly died during the power outage experienced when Cyclone Yasi hit.

Anyway here he is trying to escape the camera:oops:

The one is of him in the first couple of days
Phone Pics 006.jpg
These are the newest ones, to have a guess I would say he is 18-20cm?
Barramundi 001.jpgBarramundi 002.jpg

Anyway guys feel free to post pics of your favourite fish or pets. :D

my murray cod (55cm roughly) and her old tank

Attachments

• Alieshas 082.jpg
    Alieshas 082.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 15022011423.jpg
    15022011423.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 28022011482.jpg
    28022011482.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Nice, I would really like a Murray Cod but they are a bit hard to aquire in Townsville and they are a bit to far south for the climate here =/

Here is a link to a video of my old one in his prime

Pet Barramundi Eating - YouTube

Last edited:
Nice Barra's and murray cod fellas this is my marine setup, it's a bit on old video it's got a snowflake eel and a lionfish added to it now and a few soft corals about to upgrade to a bigger tank sorrry about the music it was an x girlfriend that made it..

Also got a freshie 1500L setup with 2 big barra, mangrove jack, saratoga and a motoro stingray.. I'll try get some video of it when i can be bothered..

SuperMarinelife's Channel - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back