Co-Locating Central Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisPortman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I see a lot of photos on here that show Bearded Dragons sharing an enclosure. On the other hand though, most seem to recommend against it.

So I was wondering, is it ok? Are there certain conditions to doing it etc.

Thank,
Chris

I do it, but you just need to understand that there is a risk that one will bite the other, this can happen at any time sometimes after years of living together. Sometimes the bite will be a couple of roughed up scales, sometimes they will lose an arm. to be honest the main reason i recommend people dont do it is because there is usually one that doesnt thrive as well as the other due to dominance issues and basking spot hogging and the likes.

Hey mate. I sucessfully keep some beardies in shared enclosures. Here are some tips to remember;

There should be multiple basking spots so that the dominant one has no need to always push the other one away.

Multiple hides for same reason.

I keep a 2 pairs together. One pair in each enclosure. They are simmilar sized, one male and one female. This keeps dominance displays to the minimum and means one can't really push the other around.

my 3 old girls live together (10, 8 and 7), the 8 yr old only joined the other 2 this year, she was kind of nasty till recently.

my 2 younger girls, and 2 boys live alone, with them its beyond just a risk, it would be a short matter of time before someone lost a limb,....

as for keeping males and females together,....i cant see a female appreciating the constant 'attention',.....

I have a male and female and they've been together since I've had them. They do have plenty of space but are often sitting on top of each other. There was an incidence during mating when the female bit the male on the tail but otherwise they've been fine for 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back