TV Shows - the best (new) ones...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Well... Here it is... Holidays... Still two weeks to go... And... I finished Dexter (season 6).... I need a new TV show.

I've started with Sons of Anarchy and I'm enjoying it. But it's not filling my Dexter gap....

Please help... Please....

I won't tell anyone here how season 6 goes, I know many are still on it. Nor will ANYONE put ANY spoilers here at all for ANY TV show what so ever... Or I'll personally fly back to Australia and... Well... Waggle my finger intensely at you.

But, what you could do... Is help me through this tough two weeks. Tell me the BEST TV series there is on TV currently (must be recent please).

I don't mind what genre so long it's not girly chicky flicky....

I know there was a thread here a while back that covered a bunch, but I can't find it :( my search brain function bad.

My favourite part of SAMCRO is:

Anarchism... stands for liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from shackles and restraint of government. It stands for social order based on the free grouping of individuals.

The concept was pure, simple, true, it inspired me, led a rebellious fire, but ultimately I learned the lesson that Goldman, Prudot and the others learned. That true freedom requires sacrifice and pain. Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable.

I want to be COMFORTABLE... So give me your best shows but don't you DARE tell me what happens!

I'm always watching Top Gear, but it's not for everyone :lol:

especiall mexicans, indians, americans, truck drivers............the list of offended people is quite extensive, unsure if he's ever said anything about kiwis yet though slim

The Wire, The Soprano's, Flight Of The Conchords

Just go on a serial killing spree but only kill bad people. That should kill your Dexter gap.

The Dexter season end is teeth grindingly good.

Chuck, Grimm, Person of Interest, A Gifted Man.

So far liked them all... abnrmal.... I might take you up on that... But where do I buy enough sheet plastic and a boat... I could always use the EAC (dude)....

Breaking Bad... Was thinking I need to continue that... Probably my best bet - as I've seen the first couple of seasons.

Sopranos (a bit old???), the Wire... Not heard of that one... Will look into it - and what self righteous kiwi has not watched flight of the conchords.... By far my favourite NZ export!

Top Gear.... Well, I could probably see a few of those.... They're good entertainment... It could be on my to do list.

Otherwise... keep em' coming!

I won't tell anyone here how season 6 goes, I know many are still on it. Nor will ANYONE put ANY spoilers here at all for ANY TV show what so ever... Or I'll personally fly back to Australia and... Well... Waggle my finger intensely at you.

Nearly sprayed my computer screen with coffee !! lol

The Dexter season end is teeth grindingly good.

Chuck, Grimm, Person of Interest, A Gifted Man.

Careful, I'll be waggling my finger soon....

Ok... Chuck? Grimm? Person of Interest? Gifted Man....

If I like Dexter (and Breaking bad) which of those best fits my description?

How I met Your Mother Seasons 1-6 on DVD and 7 is on TV in the US now..... love it.

Just finished watching season 4 of Sons, so I'm waiting for season 5 for my fix.

Have you seen The Unit? Its and oldy but a favorite of mine.

I get a bit sick of the same ol american dramas - which is why SOA, Dexter and Breaking Bad all fit my description - they're not same ol'... The Unit was ok(ish) but it's just too dramatic!!!

I prefer it to be a black comedy or unrealistic... But preferably the latter...

Is there any good Brit or Euro TV shows???

I absolutely MISS The Inbetweeners (and I haven't seen the movie yet either - so will get that)... God, I wished they'd just keep making that... That was Hilarious!!!

Dear God... Please don't let the American's make an American version of the Inbetweeners. I promise I'll be good if you make the Brits make another season or two...

Game of Thrones, Burn Notice, Supernatural, Fringe

Love Dexter too.

Try the walking dead, my favourite at the moment and the fact it is a zombie series and has a great storyline, I do not think you would be dissapointed.

Spooks?

Black Books is a pretty good UK comedy..... but its only 3 seasons long and short episodes.

I've been watching ross kemp in afghanistan, it's a doco but friggin intense. i think it is quite old. californication season 5 has started if you d/l torrents. I've just started wathcing weeds, which juding by it being into the 8th or 9th season i'm quite behind haha

Have you watched The Walking Dead? First season was really good.
Or for a laugh try
Community
Louie
The drunk and on drugs happy fun time hour

I can highly recomend The Inbetweeners. It is the funniest show!! I watched one episode because all my friends always talk about it so i had to and i ended up watching 3 seasons and the movie in 4 days and im doing it again.

Otherwise if thats not your thing, you could always watch the tellytubbies?

I've been watching ross kemp in afghanistan, it's a doco but friggin intense. i think it is quite old. californication season 5 has started if you d/l torrents. I've just started wathcing weeds, which juding by it being into the 8th or 9th season i'm quite behind haha

Californication one of my FAVS!! And glad it's restarting up now!

Weeds - another good one, I have that buried on DVD here somewhere, maybe I should watch that!

Ross Kemp in Afghanistan... Sounds good!

The problem is guys... I didn't expect such a response so quickly, I've only got two weeks... then TV is non-existent for me (almost)... Eeeeeep!!!

I can highly recomend The Inbetweeners. It is the funniest show!! I watched one episode because all my friends always talk about it so i had to and i ended up watching 3 seasons and the movie in 4 days and im doing it again.

Otherwise if thats not your thing, you could always watch the tellytubbies?

Already said my piece on the Inbetweeners - it went something like - I wished they'd make more!

I love love that show! I think I laughed harder in Inbetweeners than any other TV show of recent times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back