National parks & wildlife taking their sweet time!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Applied for my keepers license around the end of November/ early December and it still isn't here! It's been over the estimated 21 working days...
Anyone know the contact number relevant to that part of national parks and wildlife?

Is that for NSW?

Plus it was also the christmas period, even office workers get holidays so I'd expect longer. Mine took around 6 weeks and that was in the middle of the year.

gee whiz.........give the poor things a chance . LOL . They would have all taken their holidays at the same time so that we are inconvenienced . they dont care about us.

They are so under staffed and sooooo over worked and the global economic crisis has ripped the heart out of their financial capabilities . nobody will help them . you should be crucified for even applying in these tough times . expect the mafia to lob up at your door and send you off to siberia for 10 years hard labour.

now dont bother them again unless it is important.

and for god sake .........please dont take me serious or you do have problems. lol

As said during holiday time it may take longer, I hopefully get mine this week, but I would email them they should have a good reason for taking little longer :) Good Luck

I know they're probably very busy, and understaffed, AND it is that time of year when holidays are taken. I just wanna start collecting new babies!

Wildlife Licensing and Management unit on (02) 9585 6406 or email [email protected]

Since you didn't say which state you live in I'll give you NSW's number (google is you friend). When my missus rang them before christmas about her online keeper's guide, the woman in the office had said that they recently went from 5 staff in the office to only 2..... so there was going to be a lot more back logs.

Sorry. Yeah... NSW. I did google it but got a 1300 number to report injured wildlife or fires. Didn't even see that one, cheers!

Stop your complaining,it's not as if you have to pay good money to get licenses or permits issued is it? Oh wait yes you do............................................

Last edited:
I got my licence fairly quickly but that was before christmas. Getting my electronic record book sorted is another story though. They wont talk to you and when they do its just to tell you to send an email that noone ever replies to. been waiting seven weeks. My record book is a pile of beer coasters and old envelopes that almost get chucked out a couple of times a week.

Licenses and movements should be all processed immediately on line after fees have been paid,theres no excuse for the inefficiencey,
These people there at decc that are still doing the same old thing day in and day out,shape up or ship out.

And have a nice day

Just called them, still playing the answering machine message stating that they are closed from the 23/12-9/1. That was a week ago!

haha yeah i applied on like the 7th (Dec ) cause i missed my renewal date :\, i rang up on the 9th (january ) and they said they have been closed but were sending them out around the 12th ( lady in the office )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back