Ackie Hatchlings - Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo1

Reaction score
Hey all,
Very excited here, yesterday (3rd of Jan) my first ever clutch of eggs hatched, 5 healthy looking little Ackies!
There is one that I'm a little concerned about, hoping that some members here can give some advice. One of them was a little slow to get out of the egg, the others were all out and about and had knocked it around a little. So I moved the incubation tub (from the incubator) into an enclosure. When I checked back it was out of the egg but has a large amount of yoke still to absorb. As of this morning it still hasn't done so, so I'm after some advice/guidance (I figure that it knows what it's doing, but want to check).

Also the temp shown in the pic is a little low as I had the lid off to grab some pics, usually sits around 29-30°C.

IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_1628.jpgP1030492.jpgIMG_1630.jpgP1030121.jpgIMG_1636.jpg

I just had my babies hatch dec 26th, 10 little munchkins!
my theory with babies is that i never take them out of the incubation container until they are running around in it. i generally check the container in the morning and afternoon and any babies that are completely out i take and put into their enclosure. ill post a pic of my setup. i use sand and bricks and they go straight in, no paper towel or anything and i have never had any problems with babies in this way :)
maybe give the little fella another half a day, alot of the time it might seem like yolk but they have a kinda goo that is in the egg too that sometimes gets stuck to them. if its under its belly they maybe put him separately on a bit of moist towel so it doesnt dry out. i have not had a problem with this though :)
here are some pics of my little fellas!!

Thanks everybody! Very happy.

Thanks heaps Sweetangel. Wow, ten congratulations!
The four that were out and running around had rolled the fifth egg onto it's side so I took the whole container and moved it into the tub. When I came back later in the arvo the fifth had made it's way out of the egg and container and was sitting nearby with the yoke still attached(?) to it's stomach. I did go back and check today at lunch and it's got itself under the damp paper towel so it's a step ahead of me! Not concerned, but wanted to make sure that I hadn't done anything wrong.

how much will use be selling these for when they are ready? My partner really wants 2 but he hasnt had any luck finding some so I thought I would surprise him :) a male and female would be great!

Nice guys, and congrats... all the world needs is a few more of these rascals! :D

Haha, I was just told that a thread of mine has been resurrected! These are actually last years hatchies, but I've had some new hatchlings from this year with some more on the way.

Congrats on last years and this years mate.

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back