So the wife is in labour.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coppersimon

Reaction score
Well my wife is in labour and like most men I have no idea of how to help so I have sat myself in the corner of the hospital room and turned to my new best friend APS.

Ohh exciting!!

Just go and hold her hand or ask her what she wants... offer her a massage! and if she tells you to eff off... do it, but don't go too far cause she might want you back there pretty quickly so she can tell you that she's never doing this again lol

Congrats!

Ohh congrats but mistake nomber ONE!!!! You think you are doing us (girls) a favor by leaving us alone - but NO you will never live this one down! My husband decided to watch the cricket while I was screaming in hospital (not to mention the fact that when I told him my waters broke - he asked me if I could iron his shirt so he could wear it to the hospital!!! like ***???) so 10 years later especially on our daughters birthday - I just keep on reminding him!!! TRUST me, I know your are helpless and no matter what you do will be wrong - save yourself now! turn off the PC and go rub her back or hold her hand or become her punching bag.....:)

Good luck and make sure you tell us if its a boy or girl :lol:

Thanks all will keep you posted but first going to attend to my wife so I dont have to cop it for the rest of my life.

I agree with Gosia, just stand near her and tell her she is doing a good job...

If you play your cards right she may even offer you a bit of the happy gas!! :D

Congratulations and I hope everything goes super smooth! :)

Stay by her and dont take anything she says (or screams) at you to heart!! Goodluck! :)

Agreed totally on the staying with her! My hubby fell asleep in the first one, went home to play playstation on the second one, and on the third asked me if i wanted twisties because the cafe was finally open downstairs and he was hungry (after he left me in the shower because he was tired and told me it was probly a false alarm anyway). I do remember tho him not being able to do anything right, yet the moment he stopped doing said 'wrong thing' I was fuming because he 'didnt care'. Best of luck and just dont tell her to 'stop screaming because she should be used to it by now'. That one was quickly offered with a 364 kicks to the nads and I asked him if it was ok to tell him to stop screaming by new years because he should be used to it by then..

Best of Luck!

"Beginning of a great adventure"
Lou Reed

You have no idea what is about to happen to you :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ahhhh birth, an amazing experience :) your life is about to change... FOREVER !! You will laugh with your child, you will cry, you will be angry, be frustrated, worried, proud but most of all....you will love your child.... FOREVER !! I wish you and your wife many wonderful moments. Don't forget to keep a lock of hair, their first tooth, keep a diary.... keep everything, no matter how silly...in time they will become priceless treasures.....and great blackmail objects to show their potential partners 20 yrs down the track. :lol:

Congratulations to both of you :D
She'll appreciate it all afterward, I assure you. The endorphin/oxytocin high is awesome :)
Welcome to the world little one!

The wife's contractions stopped about 330 after being in labour for 13 hours. So at this stage our little boy is being a **** and doesn't want to come out. I have even said I will give him a nice heat mat and a barking light if he would come but nothing.

Are you at home again? Walking, massage and intimacy are all good ways of rebooting labour. Try not to become discouraged, it happens sometimes.
A common cause of stalled labour can be tension; Ina May's Guide to Chilbirth says to keep your jaw and mind relaxed and your bottom will follow. Worked for me through two homebirths. A good warm shower or bath works wonders too ;)
He'll come when he's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back