Baby Beardie Not Eating Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
One of my hatchlings isn't eating, it's about 2 weeks old and very skinny..I think there may be something wrong with it's eye as it's pupil didn't really seem to move that I've seen,but I've seen it tilt it's head to look at crickets like it's interested in eating but never eats any..I've seen it eat two crickets..that's all..unless it's eating when I'm not looking but I doubt it..I've seperated it into it's own tank, tried freezing the crickets til there just barely moving incase it can't see them properly or there too fast or something but nada..then I tried putting crickets into a plastic syringe mixed with baby food n hoped it would take them that way atleast..even if I put a cricket on it's mouth it won't eat it it'll jst let it sit
there, it moves around and seems alert sometimes and other times it just sits there closing it's eyes..I don't know what else to do so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know..I really don't want it to die and am thinking I may have to take it to the vet and see if there's anything I can do for it if it dosent start taking food in the next two days
any help would really be appreciated
thanks

what size is its enclosure? Does it have enough hides? Does it have uvb 10.0 minimum available at a distance of about 15cm. What are the temps? I would bump the basking spot up to 40 degrees Celcius. What size are the crickets? Try giving him a little shoulder (top of leg) deep bathe for about 10 mins.

my little female was not eating when i first got her. i had to hold her with her back on my cheat with one hand and food in the other. i opened her mouth with the hand i was holding her with by using my finger running it down her lip till it opened then put food in and let her chew it. she would only take millworms. after a few weeks she started to take it her self.

I would try small crickets or small sized woodies. I would also avoid mealworms for a young dragon

The temps an enclosure and eerything is fine..like I said kinda looks interested sometimes but then dosent..I tried opening it's mouth but it won't open it's si small..I would def put crickets in if I could get it's mouth open..dosent drink or
anything..might have seen it drink a few times but now it's not n I'm getting more worried..

Thread closed at the request of the OP .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back