Help on identifying this little guy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shreknkell

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if you could help Identify this little bloke any input would be great
7cb352aa-a7d7-0f14.jpg

looks like a she-oak skink but don't lock it in as i'm just having a guess, im most likely wrong

there is a few things it could be,
i took it for granted it was found on the central coast cos thats where the op lives.
At first i thought weasel skink but the eye seems to big and different.
So many things it could be, how big was it and is there another pic?

yes central coast and i was told he is some sort of legless lizard but i too thought some sort of skink..... That why i thought to run it past people that know a bit better than myself....

he is a yellow gold colour has a black tip on his tail and has a blue tongue.... around 15cm long.....

Last edited:
yes central coast and i was told he is some sort of legless lizard but i too thought some sort of skink..... That why i thought to run it past people that know a bit better than myself....

he is a yellow gold colour has a black tip on his tail and has a blue tongue.... around 15cm long.....

Legless lizards dont have legs (apart from some small flaps near the cloaca). Its a common misconception that some skinks with small legs are legless lizards.

Well if it's yours the details will be on your permit papers......

He isn't mine... That's why I thought people on here may be able to shed some light.... Thanks for all the info I truly appreciate it :)

It's a Mainland Sheoak Skink, Cyclodomorphus michaeli, assuming the location the animal naturally occurred was on the Central Coast. What I want to know is if it isn't yours why doesn't the owner know what it is? and if it isn't anybodies why is it in a cage?>!

I never said it wasn't owned.... It was rescued from a neglectful home.... And at the time they were told it was a leg less lizard as I stated above.... Don't shoot the messenger....

Sorry snakewise that's the only pic I have! He is 15cm long has grown considerably since being looked after properly apparently he was quite skinny....

Its a medium sized Sheoak They were once found in good numbers over the whole of the Central Coast, but these days with massive urban development and cats, they are alas not seen very often. I saw the biggest Sheoak of my life in my own backyard over 20 years ago. It was over 30cm in total lenght and almost comparable body size to a medium Pink tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back