For the GAMERS! <3

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still playing red alert 2 and yuri's revenge every six months or so, have a heap of addon single player missions and mods that keep me entertained when there's nothing else to do :D

I'm still playing red alert 2 and yuri's revenge every six months or so, have a heap of addon single player missions and mods that keep me entertained when there's nothing else to do :D

Tiberian suns not bad either

Red Alert 1/2 is fantastic, probably my favourites from the series. I'm playing through the original C&C at the moment, I bought a pack with most of the older games in it so replaying all the memories haha. Did I mention it has the best soundtrack ever! I usually hate playing games with the music on, but this is definitely one I can stand.

Toejam and Earl was great aswell. =D

Also had some great times as a child playing General Chaos (megadrive) and Driver (PS1) with my brother and cousins when they came to visit haha.

[video=youtube;_aUBiCAm_H4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aUBiCAm_H4[/video]

[video=youtube;JtMjEqVQjgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtMjEqVQjgc[/video]

Last edited:
i am a huge action/ rpg fan:
on the snes i played: Demons Crest, Breath of fire 1 and 2, bahumat lagoon, lufia 1 and 2, Terranigma, Skyblazer, earthworm jim, bubsy 1 and 2, hagne,young merlin, super metroid 1, 2 , 3, Tales of Destiny, tales of symphony, Castlevania, Kiler instincy, killer instinct gold, super mario series and 64
mystic quest legend, Final fantasy i, ii, iii, iv ,v, vi,vii,viii, ix, x, x-2, The Suikoden series! 1,2,3,4
fallout 3, fallout new vegas, Dead island, marvel vs capcom

Sadly as an adult, I've all but lost interest in video games. I was a junkie as a kid but now.. not so much....HOWEVER....

Skyrim. I am bloody hooked! I've had to go and buy 4 more gigs of RAM, update to Win 7 x64, and get a new video card. This game is like digital heroin! Was the same scenarion when Freelancer cam out as well.

Fave games as a youngster included:

Street Fighter (I used to drive out to the Asian quarter and whoop *** on them cuz the white kids in my 'hood couldn't keep up!)
Killer Instinct
Mortal Combat
Ghosts and Gauntlets

My alltime favorites were the pins though, the top being Twilight Zone Pinball!

Got rid of my 360 for a PS3, best decision I could have made!

Games I like are:

COD black ops
COD MW3 (and all the other modern warfares)
GTA IV
Assassins creed

Anyone seen the trailer for the new GTA? Looks like it's set in San Andreas, can't wait!

Keen on trying BF3.

If anyone has PSN and MW3 post up your gamer tag and we can shoot each other with guns.

Alex the kid (built-in)
Mario, duck hunt!

Can't get enough of BF3 lately! So addictive levelling up.

ohhhh skyrim, i am yet to get that, will wait for the price to come down. have played many hours of oblivion though

we had the alex the kid built in as well, awesome stuff

Grew up with my Commodore 64 and then Game Boy when it was released.
Nintendo 64 was next with super mario 64, zelda ocarina of time and goldeneye to name but a few.
Then stuff like Star Craft for PC
Now I have limited free time but will get Skyrim for when I have my annual holiday leave :)
Can't wait for the Wii U

No such thing in the olden days but I use to play pinball machines at the corner shop. My daughter had a nintendo 64, still got it somewhere. Have tried numerous of my son's games but not for me except World of Warcraft. Have played it since the release in Aus and play every night. I'm a real newb but feel they have babied it down too much even for me.

I'm not sure how I forgot the C&C series.. or Donkey Kong on Gameboy! :D

I don't understand the hype with Skyrim. I was really eagre to get it, even got it a few hours before the original release and had to end up waiting til midnight until it was actually 'unlocked' for PC.

I thought it was a terrific game, absolutely fantastic. But after you've played through once completely, I struggle to go back and I'm an AVID RPG'er. I played wow for 6 years and I'm still going back to Diablo 2 and Dragon Age.
Skyrim is lacking what every other good RPG has before it; World Changing Events & Reputation

The new Fallout's were a keen example of this, it is used with the same (updated) engine and there was NO reason for them to not be able to implement this. When I kill a big ****ing dragon in Whiterun I expect every bastard to talk to me like I'm the ****, not like some god damn hippy and to stop casting my damn magic even though I just saved all their asses.

Another thing is the levelling system, I love the idea but it is flawed in every way possible.
I played on Master (hardest) setting from the start. The only difference between Master & everything below it is you get 1-shot more frequently, in terms of amount of 'monsters' or damage they do is UNCHANGED.

I could go on and on for hours about how I really thought Skyrim was a letdown for how good it was when I first started playing. Oh, and they really need to stop CROSS-PLATFORM with games like this. It was made for consoles though It doesn't deserve to be on Consoles, I don't understand why they would implement such a terrible pause-system for changing abilities or weapons where on PC it's real-time and you can swap what you want when you want to (as long as its favourited)

Don't get me totally wrong, I thought Skyrim was AWESOME. For the first week. It's just considering what they could have done compared to what they did is pretty weak.

My favourite classic is Conquers Bad Fer day.

Now a days i play:- skyrim, all the cods, gt5, team fortress and the list go's on :p

Hit me up... PSN: POKEMON3455

My favourite games were like Civilisation (IV with the religions in it - I've lost the disc though).... I like the hardcore strategy type games....

I used to love railroad tycoon for the Amiga too... I miss those strategy type games - the PS3 just doesn't have then (yes, it has civilization, but it was awful!!!).

I might start a game of Civ now! I bought the newer one, but it doesn't have religions :(

duke nukem

I can't believe I forgot to put that on my list! I played that game so much when I was a kid. My friends and I liked playing LA Meltdown, when you went into the bathroom on the first level and opened the middle door there would be a monster sitting on the toilet haha. I never managed to finish that game without using god mode :(

i can't believe i forgot to put that on my list! I played that game so much when i was a kid. My friends and i liked playing la meltdown, when you went into the bathroom on the first level and opened the middle door there would be a monster sitting on the toilet haha. I never managed to finish that game without using god mode :(

and doom! :d

Currently playin skyrim... Bloody good game! Anyone on Xbox live, add me! SAM666iAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back