New baby beardie - is my set up ok?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh im fuming!! i cannot believe i have wasted the money on the brand heat lights,, when could have saved a bundle. oh i could smack myself in the head, might do my boy better aswell. he eats well enough but i would like to see him warmer thanks :) how is your little one doing?

I would switch the uvb and basking light off at night and have no light or heat source. Sometimes the dragons sleeping patterns can be interrupted with "night" lights even if they claim that reptiles can't see red or blue light. Basically just try and keep his enclosure like it would be in it's natural environment. :) You will be fine as long as the enclosure doesn't constantly drop below 20 degrees celcius at night :)

oh im fuming!! i cannot believe i have wasted the money on the brand heat lights,, when could have saved a bundle. oh i could smack myself in the head, might do my boy better aswell. he eats well enough but i would like to see him warmer thanks :) how is your little one doing?
i used to do the same , until i was told .

definately bump up the basking temp to between 40 - 43. You'll find that when you get your temps set, your beardie will come down off his perch and will also start to eat. Please, please please do not leave crickets in the enclosure. They turn into evil little beggers come night time. Speaking of which, turn lights out at night. You do not need any heating unless it drops below about 16 degrees. UVB lights off too. i use either a 12 or 14 hour cycle. Make sure that lights are on for about an hour before feeding and about 2 hours after feeding. Make sure you offer greens, even if he doesn't eat them. By adulthood he should be having about 20% protein (bugs) and 80% veg/greens. Be careful not to feed crickets that are too big. They should be no bigger than the space between his eyes. When Yoda was about that size, he was eating about 30 crickets morning and night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back