Incubators

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adz83

Reaction score
Just curious what brand incubators people are using and pros n cons of the different ones used..

im using a home made one,looking at buying the real deal shortly

Cheers

Store bought in most cases are over complicated and expensive when if you want a good one build it simply with one broken bar fridge(freebie?),heat cord,thermostat and computer fan.

A couple of different lines of thought :1/ l always make my own as imo 99% of the incubator is the thermostat :2/ Grumbach incubators would have to be "close" to the pinacle of incubators (of the bought type):3/ "the devil" on this site is not even using an incubator, he has got his eggs (in containers) sitting in the empty bath at room temp.(around 24c+) and going ok at l think at 90 days at present...he has some posts about it on this site(APS). so there are three diverse types of incubation "maybe" to consider.
.......solar 17 (Baden)

Baden is right, the most important part of a incubator is the thermostat. Having said that and in the past firmly believed that you need a set up with an almost zero dead zone I now wonder about the time and money I spent on setting up my incubators.

This season I have as Baden mentioned a container of eggs sitting in the empty bath in the bathroom. The air temps inside the egg container have varied from 22.1C to 28C. I have kept the temps to a max of 28C and below by using frozen milk containers.
A couple of eggs have gone off but the rest are looking pretty good.

Given that in Brisbane and anywhere North it seems that eggs can be incubated without using an incubator I would still recommend using a good incubator set up.
One thing I've always said is that if I have stable temps and the eggs go off then It's not an incubation problem. Those eggs were just not meant to hatch.

Actually I disagree with the thermostat being the most important part.The most important thing is placing of the incubator in a room cooler than the inc temp,preferably at a temp that is stable as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back