Fresh faces around brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadCricket

Reaction score
Ormiston, Queensland, Australia, Australia
I plan on doing a few more little trips around so why not have my own thread :)

Good to see some healthy fresh faces around. Sorry about picture quality, he wasn't letting me get too close and unfortunately I don't have optical zoom

31b10901-7dd0-e562.jpg

31b10901-7de2-7ecf.jpg

Where was that mate? I've noticed the dragon population@ southbank parklands has exploded the last two years or so.

Aparently its called Youngs Crossing. Its near the back of petrie

After hanging out with the water dragons today I got a call from my brother in law to go save a damsel in distress! What looks to be a little black whip decided her chest of draws was a good place to hang out. Hard little fella to catch! I love how they puff up their necks!

31b10901-0c9f-1877.jpg

31b10901-0cc7-f5e5.jpg

Last edited:
Went across youngs crossing yesterday morning and returned less than hour later and there was a fresh killed keelback and a fresh killed water dragon. Bit sad they were. Both good sized adults.

It's a Common Tree Snake.

I thought that but I looked into the descriptions and the head and neck were definately matching with the description of the whip. What gives it away as a tree snake?

Edit: just looked at the aps description and whilst a lot of it looks simmilar the belly etc don't seem to fit.

Went across youngs crossing yesterday morning and returned less than hour later and there was a fresh killed keelback and a fresh killed water dragon. Bit sad they were. Both good sized adults.

Yeh its sad to see but I saw a few adult water dragons, a few juvies and some hatchies so hopefully the population should survive

Last edited:
Body shape, eye size, colouration, throat puffing..it's a tree snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back