Who can tell me if my blue tongue is male of female?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the photo really needs to be square on like mine so that I can see if the tail widens as you move away from the vent (generally a female if not overweight) or a visibly wider tale at the vent opening where the hemipenes are packed away (male)...... your photo is on an angle & remember these differences are subtle so the photo needs to be pretty good....... sorry !!

so, umm do i like hang the lizard by the tail? just seems like that would hurt alot lol and my lizard is heaps fat just so you know lol and i need more batteries lol ill have to take the photo tomorrow dammit!

Hey mate, just from looking at your pictures I would say it is a female, I have a few blues myself and have many many of them were I work and can give you a 98.9% chance that this is a female

which one? there are 2 there now, one is the first post and the second one is on the 2nd page.

I agree, looks to be a female

the 2nd lizard? ? ? ? male ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DSCF0369.jpgDSCF0367.jpg

anyone to comment on second photos?

Last edited:
ah dam lol least she only cost me 60 bucks lol me and the pet shop guy were sure it was a male. o well

Last edited:
Mate that animal cannot be accurately sexed from that photo period & I fail to see why someone can do any better than a guess.

The 1st probs is a female...... but the other...... not sure....... I have female blueys with bigger heads than males & males with longer bodies than females.... the only 100% accurate way is detected male sexual organs or lack of. Either visibly or via sperm plugs pulled from the animal or on the floor of an individually housed animal. Unless the animal is really mature & then it can possibly be visibly apparent.

Last edited:
lets have some fun
male or female?????
P1070286.jpg

P1060780.jpg

DSCF3925.jpg

DSCF3462.jpg

DSCF3051.jpg

DSCF1952.jpg

A few of these tricked me when they were the age in these photos, sexing eastern blueys as they age is an art, one of these i thought was female, the whole time it was growing and i used to watch them alot ended up being a boy. Pm sent Joe

no one else willing to give it a guess???

Last edited:
oh so close, we all think alike it seems, except that second one is a bugger and turned out to be male.

P1080889.jpg

now this one i will admit has me a little confused, and probably not good enough photos but whats your opinion on this one jason.
P1090695.jpg

DSCF9135.jpg

Last edited:
Female

saying that though young animals, esp fast grown ones are really just educated guesses, aged wild animals are so so so much easier to tell.

i agree its about 3 yrs now, not massive but looks very female to me which is good for me if that is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back