Rehab Lacie- another update.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Here's the big fella today. Both eyes open (though the left is still cloudy) and, as of this afternoon, seems to be getting some of his coordination back (though it's early days yet). Oh, and he fed today, also:)! More x rays to come and possible surgery.

Attachments

• Rehab Lacie-3 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    Rehab Lacie-3 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Rehab Lacie-3 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    Rehab Lacie-3 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Rehab Lacie-3 012 [1600x1200].jpg
    Rehab Lacie-3 012 [1600x1200].jpg
    91 KB · Views: 174
  • Rehab Lacie-3 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    Rehab Lacie-3 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Rehab Lacie-3 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    Rehab Lacie-3 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 176
:D Well done! He is looking so much more alert now, you are doing a great thing indeed! Hope all keeps getting better from here for the big guy :D

Thanks All,

He's really doing it all himself, Bel:)! I wonder how many big, old Lacies that are struck by cars, crawl back to their home retreats and emerge a month later looking for a feed and none the worst for ware? All I've really done is offer food and water.

Looking better, IV. How do you get a lacey that size to the vet without being scratched to pieces? :)

You're doing a great thing IV; I'd say you've got your hands full with that fella not to mention your own lizard lot ;) Here's hoping he just keeps on improving. I don't give reptiles enough credit sometimes; when I saw the first set of pics you posted I thought he was on his last days, but I am so glad to see he's set on proving me wrong!

You're doing a great thing IV; I'd say you've got your hands full with that fella not to mention your own lizard lot ;) Here's hoping he just keeps on improving. I don't give reptiles enough credit sometimes; when I saw the first set of pics you posted I thought he was on his last days, but I am so glad to see he's set on proving me wrong!

Ditto, mate on the improving thing (not to mention the 'hands full' thing).

I thought the same re his last days, to actually witness him becoming a Lacie again and in such a short time has been a real pleasure (I can't stop smiling, even at work:))! A glimmer of hope for release, who'd have thunk it!

Yesterday, I could do this; today, I wouldn't even dream of it:)!

Attachments

• RL head 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    RL head 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they were both very good to wait the 50mins or so it took for me to drive to the spot to pick him up. And admit it was them who actually hit the animal (a rare thing). The driver's a primary school teacher from Adelaide. I've sent her a few updates on his early progress and she said she'll get her students involved by keeping them informed, so a great PR exercise, if nothing else:)! Perhaps more people in future will stop for road victims, with any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back