Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Death adders can jump 2 metres into the air... :rolleyes:

but if they were venomous I'm sure i would be dead or something the amount of time mine has bitten me.

I have heard this many times and it happened through a friend of a friend but its never the same people.

The snake that nearly ate the new born baby in the rocker... the mother and father werent in the room and when Mum came back into the lounge room the snake hard curled up around the baby and had its mouth open ready to eat the baby.

there was a family that lived in sandy hollow near singleton and they had a big coastal. one night they came home to discover the snake constricting their dog is another one i have heard recently

That all snakes will go out of their way to strike at you and will repeatedly bite you

The ol' venemous blue tongue story..I remember having a lengthy discussion on this one with an 'expert' on this very forum.

Cane toads squirting poison at peoples eyes ala spitting cobra...sigh.

THE BEST ONE......

I was talking to my friend about snakes (he's not snake savvy) and he asked me what the difference was between pythons and poisonous snakes ( I corrected him) and I said that venomous snakes use venom and pythons constrict their prey. Then he said

'oh yeah but they have venom as well ayy'

'What?

'They have venom but it doesn't affect humans'

'HAHAHAHAHA"

A wires volunteer told just on sunday that blacks snake and breeding with browns :/ .... and lets just say he's one of these ppl that has to get their way

Alot of my mates they come to me saying they see Frilled neck lizards all the time, the problem is there is none for a couple thousand miles :p

I saw a albino, i swear.

Last edited:
The ol' venemous blue tongue story..I remember having a lengthy discussion on this one with an 'expert' on this very forum.

Cane toads squirting poison at peoples eyes ala spitting cobra...sigh.

What? So cane toads don't spit? I was told many years ago, that they do and I have always believed it. I was terrified of them when I watched a cane toad race in Cairns once. I screamed like a child when it came near me, yet I was pleading with the handler to let me hold the water python. But he wouldn't let me.

Alot of my mates they come to me saying they see Frilled neck lizards all the time, the problem is there is none for a couple thousand miles :p......

I hear that a lot too. I am sick of being the know it all that corrects everyone, so I just listen and say wow. I know they're talking about the bearded dragons so who cares what they call it.

'oh yeah but they have venom as well ayy'

'What?

'They have venom but it doesn't affect humans'

'HAHAHAHAHA"

Ok, whatever.

Last edited:
Wagiman people are 100% certain that night tigers steal milk from lactating mothers while they sleep!

Good lord... and here I thought my child was just feeding more frequently! Darn those milk-bandits...

A friend of mine that I work with asked what "baby snakes ate ? " ....so I told her and her reply was...." what they don't drink milk from the mum ? "

I had a really cute picture in my head of baby snakes all lined up suckling from mummy snake..... roflmao

"I seen a pyfon the other day eh. No joke it was THAT round and stretched across the road. It was HUGE. "

He shows me with his hands that the python was almost as round as a saucer, and at least 15ft long. I get this a lot.

I knew a guy who saw a 45 foot carpet. It had to be legit; I met him at a party. Apparently he stuffed it into a car seat cover but it escaped somewhere along the road without his knowing... I suspect he had the radio up superloud when it opened and shut the door, bailing onto the road...:rolleyes:

Does milk really smell that different from mammal to mammal?
Get sniffing.

Cow's milk... goat's milk... it smells different to me. Yak and bison milk are apparently pink-tinged and sickly-sweet. Either way snakes could be attracted to milk. Some of ours do like curling up on some good cleavage, but they do that to non-lactating women as well so they may again be partial to a bit of boob ;)

I hear that a lot too. I am sick of being the know it all that corrects everyone, so I just listen and say wow. I know they're talking about the bearded dragons so who cares what they call it.

I do that as well, it's easier than the usual ensuing argument. Nobody likes to be wrong ;)

MathewB,

I saw your signature and misread it as "Proud owner of an Albino Wookie".

I must be tired.

I have heard this many times and it happened through a friend of a friend but its never the same people.

The snake that nearly ate the new born baby in the rocker... the mother and father werent in the room and when Mum came back into the lounge room the snake hard curled up around the baby and had its mouth open ready to eat the baby.

Parents face 35 years in jail after hungry eight-foot pet python kills two-year-old daughter

Read more: Parents face 35 years in jail after starving pet python kills two-year-old daughter | Mail Online

Parents face 35 years in jail after hungry eight-foot pet python kills two-year-old daughter

Read more: Parents face 35 years in jail after starving pet python kills two-year-old daughter | Mail Online

Did u see the 'enclosure' they had it in! Yeah, lets just throw a blanket over the top, 'she'll be right' :rolleyes: It is tragic that the little girl was killed, but those 'parents' deserve the jail sentence! Freaking idiots!

& as for it 'killing' her.....well it did i guess, but imo it was seeking the warmth of her body, it was kept with no heat, & it didnt constrict or swallow her, it smothered her....big difference in my eyes! Either way, her 'parents' are morons!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back