Caution all photobucket users!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was just looking through my Photobucket account and realized (if uploaded from an iPhone), there is a box next to the photo you're looking at, that tells you where that photo was taken, it even pulls up a map with an arrow pointing at the exact location you took the photo. So if you took a photo of something in your house, then the map would point directly at your house (it did on my account anyway).

I strongly recommend you change the settings in your Photobucket account, so it doesn't show locations.

Go to "Account Settings" (it's in a drop-down box, when you hold your mouse over your account name), click on "Privacy" and you will see a lot of ticked boxes, untick the box that says

"Show where my photos were taken"

and tick the box that says

"When I upload, permanently remove information about where my photos were taken"

It's getting to easy to find out where people live these days, and this Photobucket thing, is like saying, "look what i have, here's directions to where it's being kept".

That's why you turn off location services on your iPhone for photos.

well if anyone else hasn't noticed.. it also happens with facebook... check-in etc:

well if anyone else hasn't noticed.. it also happens with facebook... check-in etc:
That's why you don't check in if it's not a public place. I see it all the time people checking in at home or friends houses.

That's why you don't check in if it's not a public place. I see it all the time people checking in at home or friends houses.

I see it all the time aswell.....& i always think, 'yeah well that is handy for people who are watching when you are home & when your not! Why not just leave the door unlocked for the would be robbers!' :rolleyes: I dont see the point in letting people know your EVERY move.....half the time i dont even take my phone with me just so people cant reach me!

Omg ur right!..ahh.. I'm pretty sure I have location services off though?..it ask me everytime just like with facebook .."show your location" and I
always press no.. Yet photobucket still could show were my
photos were taken..eek!..
Thanks for letting me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back