Is this iPhone repairable?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Daughters both smashed their i-fragile phones . Went Samsung Galaxie S2 and never looked back .

I have dropped that iPhone a few times straight onto bitumen without a single scratch, I am always careful but sometimes accidents happen. It is tough enough for me.

I'm going to see if optus/apple will replace it. If not, I'm going to replace it on my mothers home contents insurance and then when I have some more cash, there's a joint down the road that will replace the glass, screen and digitizer for $110. I'll sell one of them.

I work at Optus and have seen heaps of smashed iPhones but that's the worst I've seen but as long as it turns on and the buttons work I'd say it problem is if not I'd just go buy a new and one or a better phone

I work at Optus and have seen heaps of smashed iPhones but that's the worst I've seen but as long as it turns on and the buttons work I'd say it problem is if not I'd just go buy a new and one or a better phone

Do you think optus would replace it as it's less than 12 months old mate?

If you have insurance we'd have to send it to out insurance guys to get it replaced and will cost about $2-250 other wise u can try apple shop.
We don't replace phones on the spot (doesn't matter what kind of phone) they have to be sent away

Also damage to the phone isn't covered in the warranty as well so warranty is void now as well so really if you don't have insurance I'd say see apple or uses mums home and contets

See shem at batery express at strathpine shopping centre.

[h=1]Battery Express at Westfield Strathpine[/h]Level:G
Store #:K4

Phone: (07) 3168 0002

javascript:;javascript:;

Last edited:
.…

Also damage to the phone isn't covered in the warranty as well so warranty is void now as well so really if you don't have insurance I'd say see apple or uses mums home and contets
This is spot on. Some of you are under the impression that going to an apple store and leaving with another phone after paying $200 somehow means the phone was covered by warranty- IT ISN'T You are simply paying $200 for a 2nd hand phone. You could probably walk in without a phone and still walk out with a phone after handing over $200. ( we don't have an apple store in SA so I don't know if that is true)

No company, not even apple, cover physical damage. If you've been careless that's hardly the manufacturers problem.
Regardless of any of the suggestions made insurance, repair shop or apple store you are still paying $$$.

This is spot on. Some of you are under the impression that going to an apple store and leaving with another phone after paying $200 somehow means the phone was covered by warranty- IT ISN'T You are simply paying $200 for a 2nd hand phone. You could probably walk in without a phone and still walk out with a phone after handing over $200. ( we don't have an apple store in SA so I don't know if that is true)

No company, not even apple, cover physical damage. If you've been careless that's hardly the manufacturers problem.
Regardless of any of the suggestions made insurance, repair shop or apple store you are still paying $$$.

You can't, Apple only give you a refurb if you have a phone to hand over, because they then refurb that phone and sell it on.

I always love how phone topics (not necessarily on here..) always break out into the android users attacking apple fanboys and vice versa ;)

I could never test the limits of my Galaxy S2. I treat it like my first-born child.. Although I'm sure others have been tempted to test out the 'gorilla glass'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back