Male incubation??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CentralianKing

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Who's experienced a male sharing the incubation role when done the natural way?

Thought I would separate my centralian pair today and noticed my male was coiled around a clutch of eggs I know he's male and didn't think this years pairing was successful, only separating today due to only acquiring the space to do so today! Both are in great nick so I'm thinking of just letting do what they do best just wondering what you all think of my situation???

Sounds interesting but how are you sure he is male? I've had two 'supposed males' lay before.

That sounds strange. Pythons don't hang around each other during the gestation after mating. Maybe he had a sex change op or is turning gay???

That's very interesting, keep us posted on how "he" does.

Many animals change their natural behaviours when in captivity, maybe male pythons become more maternal lol

Well this is how it goes, my mate previously owned the supposed female which he thought to be male, he tried for 2 seasons to breed "her" with his fathers female but no action, if they were both male would they not combat??
my "male" was sold to me by a reliable dealer but we all know sexing can be incorrect, once I had his "female" which was resexed I paired it with my "male" and instant action, I've had sheds from my "male" which have clearly shown hemipenes so now with the current dilemma I am totally confused as to what's what????? My "male" is quite smaller then the "female" I acquired ffor my mate so who knows, who really cares? All I know is I now have a clutch of eggs I'm responsible for and I couldn't be happier!
Thanks for the responses so far peeps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back