Is your python this placid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just took a video of Georgie, he looks horrible at the moment but it shows off how placid he is. Anyone else have a snake this placid?

[video=youtube;8fX2GuPs3n0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fX2GuPs3n0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

haha cute.. hope my carpet turns out like that

my stimmy was verrrry similiar but that's a stimmy..

I havent tried that with Miki cause she is so little, but I can handle her thawed food and then pick her up without fear of being tagged. She has never tagged me which has been nice as she is my first snake. It's pretty cool that ur georgie is so placid.

i have a jungle that looks just like that and she is very placid. she comes up to my face all the time for little kisses and cuddles, never ever tried to bite or strike anyone, she is simply lovely!

All snakes have the ability to be that placid

It all depends on how much they trust you

i have seen placid members of just about every species thats commonly kept in Australia.

I havent tried that with Miki cause she is so little, but I can handle her thawed food and then pick her up without fear of being tagged. She has never tagged me which has been nice as she is my first snake. It's pretty cool that ur georgie is so placid.

Yer I wouldnt recommend handling mice/rats before handling snakes. It doesn't matter how placid they are normally you will get bitten eventually and it won't be just a tag, it will be a feeding bite. Keep doing it if you want, your hand.

Whilst you only have a Anthill Python do it won't hurt, it's still not recommended as the snake can injure its jaw (normally if the person jumps)

Last edited:
My jungle is nowhere near that placid.. My Stimson python is, though.. Although that's not unexpected.

well i just got my BHP boy off Ian, and the first email i sent him was how does he handle, and the response was he is a placid snake never strikes etc which i was pleased to hear, the first day i got him, he was awesome straigtht outta the bag from the airport, excellent handler, let myself, my daughter and Sarah handle him not a bother at all, since then he has been all round the bark n front yard exploring has met the neighbours hehe (left side is not so happy bout him living here) hehe she is petrified lol
but yeah he is juss brilliant.

Yeah, depends on how much you handle them and how much they end up trusting you. My Blonde spotted curls around my wrist and falls asleep and my big BHP lays over my shoulders and rests her head on my arm and falls asleep - except she weighs over 6 kilos so my arm ends up going to sleep as well so I have to move her! The Blonde is so placid I even take her to school for vacation care and she gets handled by 28 kids who get their photo taken to take home and show the folks what they did that day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back