Embarrassing NSW Police Officer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more than embarrassing. It's disgusting. Unless the guy was flailing a weapon I find it completely uncalled for, and even in such a situation there are proper procedures to go about to make sure all parties involved are safe be it spectator, victim or 'criminal'.

Such obvious violence is not a "technique" used by the police force but one used in an alley by the ones police should be after. Not a rowdy cricket fan

I watched this last night on the news, apparently the bloke was resisting arrest. I reckon they get them both in the ring without the four sec's holding him down and then see how he goes. Fair enough if he was resisting arrest but those blows had bad intentions behind them.

AP even if you are resisting arrest, being held down by 5 seccies and a cop standing infront throwing punches is uncalled for. He reminded me of Benjamin Price, even though Price was alot more extreme its the same thing at the end of the day. Im very intrested to see how this is going to go down, as this cop is the son of Assistant Comissioner Mark Murdoch, the Commander of the Central Metropilitan Region. And it is well known how hard it is to put a Comission Ranked Officer in any muddy water ;)

To be honest, I think there's no harm done. People (especially my generation) have no fear of repercussions for whatever the do, because nowadays there are none. If someone has been repeatedly asked to leave a premises and fails to do so, give 'em a few love taps.

Old school cops used to do this a lot and there wasn't as much of an issue as there is today. People should be able to walk down the street without the fear of being jumped by a group of thugs. Bring back the ability for a copper to dish out some tough punishment. If that happens, people will think twice about doing it again and so will other people, as they will have seen what happens to idiots.

There's no point in having cops if they can't be a bit tough on people, especially when our judicial system is ridiculous and people continue to get slaps on the wrists. We have to stop this do gooder BS and shape up.

To be honest, I think there's no harm done. People (especially my generation) have no fear of repercussions for whatever the do, because nowadays there are none. If someone has been repeatedly asked to leave a premises and fails to do so, give 'em a few love taps.

Old school cops used to do this a lot and there wasn't as much of an issue as there is today. People should be able to walk down the street without the fear of being jumped by a group of thugs. Bring back the ability for a copper to dish out some tough punishment. If that happens, people will think twice about doing it again and so will other people, as they will have seen what happens to idiots.

There's no point in having cops if they can't be a bit tough on people, especially when our judicial system is ridiculous and people continue to get slaps on the wrists. We have to stop this do gooder BS and shape up.

Finally someone has said it!

To a degree, i agree with you. I hate it when police arent given the respect they deserve anymore. Lil ****s running around thinking they own the place, hurling abuse at our officers left right and center. Ive had a passion for policing for a very long time and i cant wait to do it this year* Fingers xd*. But there is a fine line between tough punishment and a guy being held down and knocked repeatedly to the head as the video shows. Tough punishment is all good, until you get a cop like B.Price shoving hoses down the throats of handcuffed people, and nearly drowning them. Its all good to say let our police dish out punishment, but then where do you draw the line? What is normal to me, maybe excessive to you? Its a very fine line every officer will face then. Is it okay for you to leave a police station bloody and bruised because you were handcuffed and having your head knocked in a wall? I see your point, but where should we draw the line?

Edited : Speline ;)

I think the line should be drawn when we get to the stage where people can walk down the street safely without being hassled by a group of young teens, where people can go out without being threatened with their life and where people generally just pull their heads in. I understand what you are saying also, but the way we are headed now, no one has control except for idiots.

Have to agree with you Kawasaki needs to be some instant punishment dealt in a lot of cases. Will make them think twice, but there does need to be a line drawn as to what is excessive.

lol i use to get floggins from the cops all the time,id get pulled up anywhere i went just by the way i look and after awhile you get pissed about it and snap back...wont be doing that again

I would like to know where those punches landed, from the footage I can't really tell. May even be corking his leg to stop him kicking.... does look brutal from the footage though.

I think the line should be drawn when we get to the stage where people can walk down the street safely without being hassled by a group of young teens, where people can go out without being threatened with their life and where people generally just pull their heads in. I understand what you are saying also, but the way we are headed now, no one has control except for idiots.

I would love to see our community safe. Where kids can be kids and enjoy their childhood without being approached by sick b@stards. where we can go to a club and drink with friends, and have noone glassed at the end of the night, or a girl assaulted. But i also fear turning our state into a police state, where people leave cop shops bloody and bruised. I know i will never be that type of cop. But yes i do agree, i wish some people can be taught with a good flogging. But if we had that, im sure the outcry and bleeding hearts will start a revolution. Again i will say, it will indeed be a fine line for the police force to walk on.

its when they give you a touch up for no reason i have problems with,fair enough if someone is being a fair jerk give him afew taps so they no who is boss but there should be a line

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone has been repeatedly asked to leave a premises and fails to do so, give 'em a few love taps.

Would you feel the same for say your mother, sister, grandmother or daughter if they happen to be intoxicated and refuse to leave a venue.. surely you wouldn't think it was "no harm done" if they got held down and repeatedly assaulted.

And regarding things like teen thugs on the streets etc.. mostly this is the result of socioeconomic problems unrealistic to think it can be cured with police brutality.

Well the current bleeding heart approach has failed miserably, perhaps a it is what we need to go back to. And yes if the family refused to leave the venue after being asked by the police then yes they deserved it.

Would you feel the same for say your mother, sister, grandmother or daughter if they happen to be intoxicated and refuse to leave a venue.. surely you wouldn't think it was "no harm done" if they got held down and repeatedly assaulted.

And regarding things like teen thugs on the streets etc.. mostly this is the result of socioeconomic problems unrealistic to think it can be cured with police brutality.

My mother, sister or grandmother wouldn't do it. Anyone who is refusing orders repeatedly deserves a few. Big difference between a bloke and an elderly woman, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back