Embarrassing NSW Police Officer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this idea (as appealing as it sounds for some cases) is that the police are sinking to the level of the thugs. How can the police and magistrates tell people not to break the law if the cops are breaking it themselves?

They need to rise above the crap and set an example for everyone else. If cops think it is OK to solve problems with fisty cuffs then everyone will start to think that way.

To be honest, I think there's no harm done. People (especially my generation) have no fear of repercussions for whatever the do, because nowadays there are none. If someone has been repeatedly asked to leave a premises and fails to do so, give 'em a few love taps.

Old school cops used to do this a lot and there wasn't as much of an issue as there is today. People should be able to walk down the street without the fear of being jumped by a group of thugs. Bring back the ability for a copper to dish out some tough punishment. If that happens, people will think twice about doing it again and so will other people, as they will have seen what happens to idiots.

There's no point in having cops if they can't be a bit tough on people, especially when our judicial system is ridiculous and people continue to get slaps on the wrists. We have to stop this do gooder BS and shape up.

the sucky thing is if you have had a history with them,changed your life around they still treat ya like ****,i know some good cops that just want to help ya out even when you are in the wrong but at the same time ones that treat you like **** cos of ya past,lets face it we all had one lol :)

I can understand giving someone who is violent a beating, but sometimes it gets taken too far, or sometimes they beat people who didn't deserve it. I know someone who was pinned down and kissed by a cop against their will when they were 16, and later in her life another cop tried to rape her. Her 5ft 10 friend came in and beat the crap out of him until he left.

If your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about so yeh bring back some old school policing. The problem with these young soft#*$#s today starts with no bullying at school so they dont know there place in the world and run around thinking there ten foot tall and bulit proof. You do the right thing in life and you dont get bullied or picked on by the cops. Its how we learnt decency and respect. Something that was lost around the time of newschool policing. Bring back the biff bring back respect lol

If your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about so yeh bring back some old school policing. The problem with these young soft#*$#s today starts with no bullying at school so they dont know there place in the world and run around thinking there ten foot tall and bulit proof. You do the right thing in life and you dont get bullied or picked on by the cops. Its how we learnt decency and respect. Something that was lost around the time of newschool policing. Bring back the biff bring back respect lol

I have disagree with the bit about bullying. Bully is as bad as it's ever been. And if you grew up in the shire you must have gone to the only school that didn't have bullying, cause its rife through most schools. I agree that society has lost respect. teachers and parents have lost the power to dicipline as have the coppas.

Has anyone else seen the rest of the footage? Cause I haven't. Channel 7 only show the six punches, over and over. Maybe when we've seen the rest of the footage, people can make their own mind up. Until then, its just the typical media doing what they do best.

To be honest, I think there's no harm done. People (especially my generation) have no fear of repercussions for whatever the do, because nowadays there are none. If someone has been repeatedly asked to leave a premises and fails to do so, give 'em a few love taps.

Old school cops used to do this a lot and there wasn't as much of an issue as there is today. People should be able to walk down the street without the fear of being jumped by a group of thugs. Bring back the ability for a copper to dish out some tough punishment. If that happens, people will think twice about doing it again and so will other people, as they will have seen what happens to idiots.

There's no point in having cops if they can't be a bit tough on people, especially when our judicial system is ridiculous and people continue to get slaps on the wrists. We have to stop this do gooder BS and shape up.

Totally agree with you. While there is a difference between respect and fear for an officer of the law frankly some of the people of my generation need to re-learn the respect due to an officer and their potential.

I can understand giving someone who is violent a beating, but sometimes it gets taken too far, or sometimes they beat people who didn't deserve it. I know someone who was pinned down and kissed by a cop against their will when they were 16, and later in her life another cop tried to rape her. Her 5ft 10 friend came in and beat the crap out of him until he left.

No offense, but I doubt this. I doubt that a cop tried to rape your friend. I doubt that a cop tried to rape your friend in an environment where he could possibly be caught. I REALLY doubt that if anyone laid hands on a copper, that the person wouldn't get taken away, even if the cop was in the wrong and trying to rape someone. It is he who writes the police report, after all. What does the 5ft 10 have to do with it?

Waruikazi, I agree with you to a point, as you know the cops have left a bad taste in my mouth recently. However, current methods aren't working and old school methods used to.

The problem with these young soft#*$#s today starts with no bullying at school so they dont know there place in the world and run around thinking there ten foot tall and bulit proof.

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that kids should be bullied at school so they learn their place?

You can doubt it all you like, it doesn't stop it from being a fact. It didn't happen to a friend, it happened to my MOTHER. The cop was drunk, he wasn't exactly thinking. Sorry, but thinking that a cop wouldn't commit a crime because they could get caught is a bit naive. Prison is full of people who knew they could get caught but committed a crime anyway. Nobody was going to get taken away given the fact that this guy was the only cop at this house and he was off his face. He was a guest at a part that was at the house. It's not like he could call for back up given he fact that there was a witness who could testify that he did the wrong thing. It was safer for him to keep his mouth shut.

Fair call mate maybe its different these days. i just ment in my day if you didnt carry on to big for your boots you didnt have to many problems. Just seems these days a majority of kids strut around thinking their gangsters and with no fighting in schools seem to slip through the system without learning their place in the playground.I didnt mean to offend mate im a bit old school and in most cases you only get a smack in the chops for one reason so if asked to leave a venue for clearly doing the wrong thing by someone how could put me on my **** i would get up and leave no fuss. This sort of common sence learnt in the play ground thats all i meant.

No matter who is doing the bashing.....I just find it sickening to watch....I mean almost physically sickening. In tonights local news a young fellow was set upon...presumably for no reason....by a bunch of youths and in the tv interview you could actually see the boot marks on this lads face....it was terrible.

You can doubt it all you like, it doesn't stop it from being a fact. It didn't happen to a friend, it happened to my MOTHER. The cop was drunk, he wasn't exactly thinking. Sorry, but thinking that a cop wouldn't commit a crime because they could get caught is a bit naive. Prison is full of people who knew they could get caught but committed a crime anyway. Nobody was going to get taken away given the fact that this guy was the only cop at this house and he was off his face. He was a guest at a part that was at the house. It's not like he could call for back up given he fact that there was a witness who could testify that he did the wrong thing. It was safer for him to keep his mouth shut.

Well there's a big difference between an on duty cop and a drunk in the back room of a house...

Well there's a big difference between an on duty cop and a drunk in the back room of a house...

I dont think there's a big difference at all. I think that if you wear that uniform during the day then you should act accordingly AT ALL TIMES!!! The general public knows that no means no, they also know that its not right to go around assaulting people physically, so a cop has no reason to believe he should be above the law.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the heat of me Kawasakirider. lol bad choice of words on my behalf i ment anti fighting policy not anti bullying. ha

I work with offending juvenile's that are locked up, and sometimes we rely on police to step in and help us out when in court room/police cell situations. I have a great respect for police in this sense and in the community. Where I work we have different ways we have to use force and all the bullshit that comes with it is a nightmare,whereas police are able to do a lot more..different use of force and capsican spray/tasers etc - so if a policeman wants to step in and give me a hand to prevent a situation or myself or someone in the community from getting hurt then my hat is off to them.
This person had the chance to follow the law and he chose not to.
What state is the world going to be in if there are no police wanting to do the jobs they are out there doing? It would be chaos...so I say they should be able to do whatever it takes to uphold the law.

Fair call mate maybe its different these days. i just ment in my day if you didnt carry on to big for your boots you didnt have to many problems.

No offence taken. I'm a little sensitive when people start talking about bullying as being good for you. I was bullied at school because I was different and an easy target, not because I was big-noting myself. It was a terrible, soul-destroying experience I wouldn't wish on anyone. This is not a rare experience among so-called "different" kids.

What you're talking about is not quite the same, but I still can't see fighting in the school playground as a good thing. It might create a pecking order, but I'd think that the order would be based on who's physically the strongest. As I remember it, fights in the school playground were often escalated by other kids yelling, "Fight, fight, fight!" - in other words, peer pressure - rather than any real desire by the participants to actually fight. Under that kind of pressure, it shows more character to walk away.

I agree that a lot of "kids" - and I put that in quotation marks to cover some in my generation who act like kids - have missed out on learning respect for others and society somewhere. I reckon it's a case of not being taught to take responsibility for their actions by their parents and teachers.

Love your avatar, by the way.

would you have preferred the cop use his tazer gun or capsicum spray to subdue a man who was resisting arrest?

at least the cop used his fists, the ones in mother England use their truncheons in cases like this

there was nothing wrong with what the cop was doing however the do gooders and bleeding hearts probably wont be happy until the man is kicked off the force and im sure the poor 'innocent victim' will soon enough find a lawyer stupid enough to take on a law suit in his behalf and you honestly wonder why people DONT want to become Police Officers anymore

lets see how many of you think he did wrong if someone like that was endangering your child/ren

he could have simply gone along quietly and if he felt he was in the right then he could have made his protest from the safety of his mummies apron strings

and my mother, sister, grand mother or daughter would NEVER get themselves in such a state that they would be asked to leave the venue in the first place

maybe they need to STOP selling alcohol at sporting events but they wont do that because they will lose money, must better to sell it to the general public, let them get drunk and then chuck them out

as for the footage shown, of course its only going to show it the way the person filming wanted it to be shown, heaven forbid we should get to see what was really happening, not good enough to sell is it?

i have abit of experience with this as i spent 1year in prison for assaulting a cop that was off duty and acting like a dick and assulted my sister so i think they need to held accountable for what they do as the rest of us have too,but saying that there not ll bad guys.

oh and was it just more or was the guy already restrained by security guards,guess the punches where just a bonus lol

Thanks for taking the heat of me Kawasakirider. lol bad choice of words on my behalf i ment anti fighting policy not anti bullying. ha
Yeah, that makes more sense. Totally agree. You see these kids (and adults) walking around without respect. They know their 'rights'. Parents aren't allowed to tan their hides any more cause its called child abuse now. a child can just run away from home and know that they'll get housed in a 'safe house', get given youth support payments and so on. But its just not the kids, any yobbo can walk down the street and yell abuse, get drunk and nothing gets done about it. Why, because every 2nd person has a camera on their phone, when in the past, a copper would have given you a beating because you deserved it. I'm only 34, so before anyone call me a dinosaur, I'm all for fair police, but give them the right to put people in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back