A question for the RC lovers??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan-rocks

Reaction score
hey, im in a local upcoming rc club, 1/5ths offroads, and we are trying to decide on which oil is best to use and the ratio we are having it at... atm, we are using R30
We are more looking for a oil that will run the car better and longer

Tell me what u think, and what u referrer?? :)

and yes i tryed asking this on the rc forums but didnt let me due to limitations or something like that:?

heres my baby, post if u want more pics of the car or construction of the track

Attachments

• 393827_235596289851716_235507516527260_542958_1871174565_n - Copy.jpg
    393827_235596289851716_235507516527260_542958_1871174565_n - Copy.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 73
i run castrol TTS 2 stroke oil at 28:1 as i have done to all my current and past 1/5ths and i have never lost an engine . i think the most importent part is the tuning and reading of the spark plug [ the right spark plug gap is a bonus too]

yeah i bought a clone, RovanSports clone... 26S, performance pipe, custom tread rear tyres, DIY front window, outwears etc: .... cost me only $650 at the most, but i get my clones a much cheaper prices due to the guy i deal through .... the car is only on its about 4-5 tank, so i haven't yet tuned it...
hopefully in the near future it will have some more upgrades :)

i just didnt see the difference between the clones and the branded ones, and the price difference is so much more affordable

the only issuse with the clone bajas are the diffs [ not as good as the hpi`s ] but they are interchangeable .
i have a rovan FG-1, 4wd monster truck with hydro brakes .

View attachment 235093
A picture of just a little bit of the track and one of our main attractions(under and over bridge- possible first in aus or world for 1/5ths from my research)

If you look at a clone and a real car side by side, you'll see the fit and finish is different, as are the parts quality. I'm not dissing you btw, just something to be aware of.

yeah i took the quality into consideration when buying it, but the most of the parts i get dirt cheap.. especially the plastics
Kawasakirider- yeah dw i wasnt taking it that way anyway, just some helpful advise :)

No dramas. If you go onto ausrc there's a bloke from WA that has spent big $$ on the rovans and has done a tutorial on how to make them bullet proof with parts like RPM. They don't all fit, but he has done the hard yards and put up pics on what you have to cut and grind to get the parts to work.

No dramas. If you go onto ausrc there's a bloke from WA that has spent big $$ on the rovans and has done a tutorial on how to make them bullet proof with parts like RPM. They don't all fit, but he has done the hard yards and put up pics on what you have to cut and grind to get the parts to work.

thkz, just wondering what section it is in, large scale etc:????

IDK mate, hold on I'll find his username and tell ya.

Sorry mate, it was ozlargescale. His username is klh mx10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back