EXTREMELY ... aggressive spotted python :/

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sell it and buy another one. What are they worth these days.........$50 dollars or something?

get it out of cage by sliding hand under it and lift gently acting like a tree branch for instance. dont grip her. Snakes dont bite trees. If original spotted bites tongs or hook use a small tree branch to lift her up wood is more natural and she shouldnt strike. leave in cage for a while so she puts her smell on it and then its not new and scary.

I'd just hook him out and if he's constricting on the hook let it go in the pillowcase/bag leave it in there with him. Put the bag in a dish so it doesn't roll around. Just untie the bag in the enclosure and let him come out when he wants.
My snake is pretty bitey right now (he's getting injections for RI)
This is what I'm doing after the injections, anyway.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have many things to test out now. Hopefully i can get her to settle down a bit.

Just sell it and buy another one. What are they worth these days.........$50 dollars or something?

you are a douche, thanks so much for your 5c

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have many things to test out now. Hopefully i can get her to settle down a bit.

you are a douche, thanks so much for your 5c
Screw you. Some snakes are aggressive no matter what you do to tweak their conditions. Calling me a douche because it may be easier to get a more compatable pet than increase the stress levels on an already freaked out snake may be a good option. Look at all options before you start name calling.
Douche.

guys guys calm dowm, with reptile there is many variables thats what make them so intresting, almost all of them are different so different measure and variable can effect one more than the other. there is no need to fight over what you would do. jeffa i wouldent personally do that but it is an option

guys guys calm dowm, with reptile there is many variables thats what make them so intresting, almost all of them are different so different measure and variable can effect one more than the other. there is no need to fight over what you would do. jeffa i wouldent personally do that but it is an option
Exactly, it is an option. It may be extreme but may be the only choice for the wellbeing of the snake and person. Why the name calling in the firstplace?
Was not my first intention to insult.

Selling it just passes the problem onto someone else. The snake needs a stable home and if the OP is willing to give it that then that's awesome! As they already said, all they are looking for is a way to move it when the enclosure needs cleaning. They are not trying to turn it into a well handled pet.

@snakelover: I think what you are doing is excellent and I think that the snake will learn to trust you more in time. The pillowcase suggestion seemed particularly promising. Best of luck with getting her to settle down. She is lucky to have you.

my jungle pythons wild its only 9 month old i found it easyer to handle in the morning don't give up on it if u show your scared they will sense it . when your going to handle it make sure it knows your there mine is so much better now .i hope this help good luck

thankyou, i will try that :) but i am worried that if i keep trying to get her out she will just never come out of her hide:(

My female spotted python is 9 years old and very, very shy. She rarely comes out of her hide even at night time. She hates being handled although she doesn't bite. I used to put a snake bag/pillow case in the enclosure with a gap and she would go into it of her own accord but that did not work so well last time and I ended up using the two pillow case technique quite by accident. When she first came here she was 4 years old and she did not eat for about 12 months, or maybe one feed in that time. I have just come to accept the fact that she is not going to be a snake you can handle and she will hide a lot. I have her enclosure stacked on top of another one so she can't see people unless she is at the glass. She seems to come out a bit more since I've done this but she still hides a lot. My male spotted is very social and will come over to the glass if he sees you and is rarely hiding in the evening/night time. He is the same age as her. He also hates being handled and has struck on occasion. I use the same technique for him, empty bag left in the enclosure and he will go in of his own accord.

thank you very much for advice i will put my snake bag in the encloser and try too get it out without scaring her too much, i dont mind if she is shy, but i the petn shop she dident want too come out but one she did she was fine and a bit adventrous, trying to climb in the assistants shirt ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back