Embarrassing NSW Police Officer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't blame the whole police force as the result of the actions of a single person (or even a number of people for that matter). If the person (victim in this scenario) attacked the police officer, then fair enough, the officer should subdue him. But where the person is clearly already restrained, this constitutes brutality. Don't blame society's problems on the fact that police can't cuff the criminals, blame the parents whose responsibility it is to raise their children up in the proper manner with respect for authority.

I have lived in countries where stuff like this wouldn't even be reported as it is absolutely normal for people to get a flogging from the cops - we lived in constant fear of them as they had absolute authority to do whatever. You'd fear the criminals as much as the cops. I think our Police force is excellent, with the exception of a few idiots (there are bad apples in every profession/society/etc etc).

Excellant post ....

Spot on Oshakoor. ah you just reminded me of Lebanon's police. my uncle is a snr sergeant there, the stories blow ur mind away this would honestly be petty and noone would look twice. Scary

Why don't we all simply wait and see what other evidence is offered up before we start beating the media drum. Two seconds of juicy footage repeated ad nauseum is hardly "evidence". Reminds me of a cartoon episode... "Your tears say more than any real evidence ever could..." Go, Bandwagon!

Spot on Oshakoor. ah you just reminded me of Lebanon's police. my uncle is a snr sergeant there, the stories blow ur mind away this would honestly be petty and noone would look twice. Scary

Hahahaha. I have a friend who was a snr sergeant in the Lebanon Police. I know EXACTLY what you're saying there.

i got $150 fine for parking my car facing the wrong side to traffic in front of my house in a extremely quite street.............
Highway patrol was responsible.....

Really? It was the Highway Patrol officer who parked your car illegally, then?

"It's everybody elses fault but mine!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No my son is not in the minority at all, you only see what you want to see. All of my sons friends are like him and he has a lot of friends. I live in a pretty ratbag area but most of the ratbags around here are in there mid twenties and over. The expect the older generation always blames the worlds problems on young people but to see people your age doing it is just sad. You sound like some bitter, twisted old man that doesn't understand the younger generation, not someone that is part of that generation. If my sons had that attitude I would be very disappointed and wonder where the hell I went wrong.

Every person in this country except the indigenous population are illegal immigrants. When was the last time you respected their cultural heritage then you have the nerve to complain when people don't conform to your norms. That speech is nothing more than a well written cover for blatant racism. When was the lat time someone robbed a service station wearing a burqua, but our local Indian owned servo has been robbed so many times by white crack heads it has shut down. In fact were I live there is constantly trouble, none of it however, is perpetrated by immigrants and refugees. It is not the immigrants and refugees that gang bash people leaving the pub, knock on womans door and shoot them, attempt to abduct children walking home, run people off the. All these things have happened in the last year here and all have been committed by white people. Why is that white people are so inherently racist, is it conditioning, what makes us think our way of life is any better than anyone elses.

The above are both quotes from you, KJ. No editing at all. The latter is from a topic that is completely unrelated, but you have just proved how messed up our society is (regardless of the race and age of the perpetrator).

This has nothing to do with age, I said it has increased with my generation and I consider mid 20's to be pretty damn close to my age. The fact is, this stuff IS happening with regularity, you have said it yourself.

I am a realist, not an optimist that sees the good in everyone.

Gordo, I take your point mate, violence begets violence (which I don't think is a good thing). I am just really scratching my head with what is going on regularly, when nothing is done about it.

The trouble in my area is mainly perpetrated by drug users, most of them are at least in their twenties but most would be well over 30 with some in their 40's. The woman was shot by a man in his 50's, the woman and man that attempted the abductions were in their late thirties and the servo I obviously couldn't tell you. The pub bashing I can't recall ages if they were mentioned but they were not youths. Yes society is messed up but it has been for a lot longer than just recently and it is not all young people making it a mess. The man that tried to run me off the crossing was about 60 and he and his wife thought it was hilarious to swerve their car at me. There is also the fact that I live in a bad area, relatively speaking. There are areas that trouble is not so frequent in but most poor people can't afford to live in them.

Last edited:
I agree entirely that socio-economic factors come into play regarding crime rates, I also believe that age isn't a purely determining factor in those rates (I was just saying that now days, many young people have no regard for authority and lack empathy because they are self absorbed).

Where I don't agree with you, is your apparent belief that society hasn't taken very large backwards strides in the last few decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back