Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
miniature cry.. thats hilarious.. my hubby was after a hose piece a few months ago and i toldhim to go look in the back room, behind the drawers at the bottom on the left at the back.. he has a mini stroke moving the drawers, gets to the bottom and says its not there.. i ask him if theres a minature violin there? he calls me a smart a.. and hangs up..

Haha that's awesome Poggle. What is the reason for having small cows? Are they pets?

Bonsai_by_PuppyKickerNMD.jpg

Haha that's awesome Poggle. What is the reason for having small cows? Are they pets?

They are bred as a dule purpose product for those who have smaller acreage. Or as i like to call then blockies :D

sorry guys didnt see the request for pics until now... here is the only pic of one of my cows i have at work... Her name is emily :)

She is due to calf soon. I am 6'2 to give you an idea of height.

She is 83cm at the back. Usual cattle stand around 1mtr 40 or so

please post pictures when she has the calf?? =D

I want a finger monkey!! And a little cow!!!

Last edited:
sorry guys didnt see the request for pics until now... here is the only pic of one of my cows i have at work... Her name is emily :)

She is due to calf soon. I am 6'2 to give you an idea of height.

She is 83cm at the back. Usual cattle stand around 1mtr 40 or so
HAHAHAH That is awsome mate. Lol do they come in the black and white dairy cow colour. And how big are they when young.

Mate they come in all colours. Here is a list of colours i breed. Brindle, Brown and white, Red, Red and white, Black and white, Black, Black with brown dorsal, Belted black and white, baldy, grey lol the list is endless :D ill find a pic of a calf and show you guys.

Ok pic is of miniture belted variety at 10 months old :D Youngest pic i can find at the moment... ill keep searching. and my wifey in the pic. This was years ago :S

Attachments

• beltie calf.jpg
    beltie calf.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
HAHA that is so cool. If I didn't live in town then I would defiantly get one of these to mow the lawn lol. I might check that up actually as people can have chickens and ducks goats ect and it is A rural farming sort of town.

Mate they come in all colours. Here is a list of colours i breed. Brindle, Brown and white, Red, Red and white, Black and white, Black, Black with brown dorsal, Belted black and white, baldy, grey lol the list is endless :D ill find a pic of a calf and show you guys.

Ok pic is of miniture belted variety at 10 months old :D Youngest pic i can find at the moment... ill keep searching. and my wifey in the pic. This was years ago :S

How can i get one? Are they expensive? If they cost less than my lawn getting mowed fortnightly plus a side of beef then i want one!

For real, are they regularly available? And how much?

Were they brought about the same way as dexters were by the Angus breeders
Short History Lesson in Miniture Dexters
Due to constant line breeding (otherwise known as inbreeding) a small proportion of calves were small and had terrible growth rates, the Angus breeders Association as clever as they are (McAngus burger) decided that instead of euthanising which was the common practise at the time that they would try breeding two minis and see what happened. 3 years later a small (but not as small as they are now ) cow gave birth to an even smaller calf.
Wala a new breed is born but lessons not learnt.

How can i get one? Are they expensive? If they cost less than my lawn getting mowed fortnightly plus a side of beef then i want one!

For real, are they regularly available? And how much?

Gordo, we have them readily available usually :S depending on size and colour, sex and whether they are polled or not they vary from 330 - 1800.

Were they brought about the same way as dexters were by the Angus breeders
Short History Lesson in Miniture Dexters
Due to constant line breeding (otherwise known as inbreeding) a small proportion of calves were small and had terrible growth rates, the Angus breeders Association as clever as they are (McAngus burger) decided that instead of euthanising which was the common practise at the time that they would try breeding two minis and see what happened. 3 years later a small (but not as small as they are now ) cow gave birth to an even smaller calf.
Wala a new breed is born but lessons not learnt.

Originally same as all minitures, yes they are bred down from runts, or smaller genetics. Breeding smaller does have some complilcations, such as joint issues, the cattle i retain i have bred this out of. I have chosen to keep mini's with and with out horns as they display solid and good conformation, where as some breeders will sell off anything with horns cheap and keep polled cattle with crap posture. I refuse to breed problem genetics there for i only keep good solid animals.

Gordo, we have them readily available usually :S depending on size and colour, sex and whether they are polled or not they vary from 330 - 1800.

Originally same as all minitures, yes they are bred down from runts, or smaller genetics. Breeding smaller does have some complilcations, such as joint issues, the cattle i retain i have bred this out of. I have chosen to keep mini's with and with out horns as they display solid and good conformation, where as some breeders will sell off anything with horns cheap and keep polled cattle with crap posture. I refuse to breed problem genetics there for i only keep good solid animals.

cheers ive always loved the fact it looks like someone had a cow that got chopped in half and decided to sew a different middle back in. How did they get the stripe any ideas on the ancestry.

So how could i get one? And how big is a calf? Could it fit in a dog box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back