Unlikely Friends

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
A friend of mine filmed these two over a Summer sharing the same hole and coming out regularly to gether..Has anyone else witnessed this sort of interation?

[video=youtube;C3TPUKN6mt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3TPUKN6mt0&feature=share[/video]

How brilliant is that. I guess at that size they aren't natural prey for each?

Are you saying this was filmed over more than 1 day? Neither one feels threatened by the other, very unusual though & your friend is very lucky to get that on film. :)

Amazing and fascinating!!

They are evidently able to discern that each is too big to prey on, so tolerate each others presence instead of wasting energy and risking injury to attempt to kill one another. Both gain in having access to the shelter. Ain't nature grand?

I am curious now to know what the sharing arrangements were inside the burrow.

Thanks for sharing. Really fascinating stuff.

Blue

Thats amazing! animals never run out of ways to surprise us

Very unusual, the snake is normally on the goanna list of things it likes to eat and that snake is not too big to kill and eat. One factor might be lots of easy goanna food within reach. The Utube comments have a supernatural and delusional reason completely at odds with the observational natural world.

Brilliant! Amazing! what a beautiful piece of film, thank you for giving us the priviledge of being able to witness such a lovely thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back