Big black cats ( panther) Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only people that believe in this kind of thing are the people who spend little time in the scary scary bush... or deluded souls like rex gilroy.

bet it was a swamp wallaby

Killer swamp wallaby preys on sheep and other livestock! Let's run with it ;)

the only people that believe in this kind of thing are the people who spend little time in the scary scary bush... or deluded souls like rex gilroy.

bet it was a swamp wallaby

my family and i own and run approx 3500+ acres of 'scary scary bush' and the last time i check i am not a deluded soul.
everyone is entitled to there own opinion with out having it raged on by people like you who think they are 'deluded' for what the believe in.
grow up

i agree with feathergrass if there is something there leave it be or its going to be the next tasmanian tiger

It would be very different to the Tasmanian Tiger. Whether they are ferals or escaped circus animals they are not native

i realise its not the same as the tassy tiger but if the possability of it being a hidden native then i meant that it would be hunted to extinction just like the tassy tiger should have worded my response better sorry.

is there any truth to the escaped panthers from the circus at all either

i realise its not the same as the tassy tiger but if the possability of it being a hidden native then i meant that it would be hunted to extinction just like the tassy tiger should have worded my response better sorry.

is there any truth to the escaped panthers from the circus at all either
Ok fair enough. I wouldn't think there is. It sounds pretty far fetched but who knows

If they were...are, native, the answers will probably be in ancient aboriginal artworks...

Thanks for that edstar very informative, I'm more of a seeing is believing type of guy but that has me convinced there has to be something out there, may not be a panther, puma but there's obviously something going on out there.. The part with the cattle and the claw marks that's crazy and the when the two ladies are on the phone in Kenthurst with the roar, my missus was packing up here things and moving to myn until she heard that ( I live in Kenthurst) lol

as for the joker with the it's a swamp wallabie scary scary bush comment watch the clip that edstar posted.

Go back down the paddock and try and track it. A cat that big should leave plenty of tracks and even drag marks, snapped branches/flattened grass etc from the missing sheep etc etc

It would be very different to the Tasmanian Tiger. Whether they are ferals or escaped circus animals they are not native
dingo's aren't native yet do we go around shooting them, i believe that this big cat should not be killed until further evidence shows that its harmful to our environment

My great gran swears she saw one. she got up early morning to make a coffee and she was looking out the window and there it was staring back at her she said she dropped the coffee and yelled for her husband. by the time he got there and she looked away it was gone. she always said it was about 20m away and she will never forget it. from what i herd was it was the us military that came over here along time ago, and the panther where there mascot. Aus gov caught wind of it told them they had to depose of them, but the didnt they let them go. but thats what i have been told :)

Go back down the paddock and try and track it. A cat that big should leave plenty of tracks and even drag marks, snapped branches/flattened grass etc from the missing sheep etc etc

yeah where going down soon once a few mates into there hunting get here (out in woop woop)

Seriously? You think a native big-cat could go this long without being caught once, by whitey or the aboriginies? All gene typing of these cats show them to be domestic cats. Too much 'lost world' for you, m'boy.

My great gran swears she saw one. she got up early morning to make a coffee and she was looking out the window and there it was staring back at her she said she dropped the coffee and yelled for her husband. by the time he got there and she looked away it was gone. she always said it was about 20m away and she will never forget it. from what i herd was it was the us military that came over here along time ago, and the panther where there mascot. Aus gov caught wind of it told them they had to depose of them, but the didnt they let them go. but thats what i have been told :)

Thats crazy, yeah there Americans brang cougers and pumas over in world war 2 i think it was as masscots and just released them and theres also the story of the zoo's and a few other if you watch the video edstar posted it tells you a few things they could be and where they come from.

Seriously? You think a native big-cat could go this long without being caught once, by whitey or the aboriginies? All gene typing of these cats show them to be domestic cats. Too much 'lost world' for you, m'boy.

Who is this reffering too? Native?? Confused face

Last edited:
you should set up a camera and record it 24/7 set some bait too
If he did see one it might go into hiding for awhile.
you going to report the sighting?
keep us updated and video all evidence

The labs doing the examinations on the scats had real leopard scats sent in and they also came back as feral cat or dog.

you should set up a camera and record it 24/7 set some bait too
If he did see one it might go into hiding for awhile.
you going to report the sighting?
keep us updated and video all evidence

yeah mate i think that's what the missus dad's mates were saying some sensor cameras, where going down the sarvo to try find the missing sheep and see whats down there and the gfs dad has called some people and there coming out on the weekend to do some things I'm not to sure on the plan im just along for the ride.

dingo's aren't native yet do we go around shooting them, i believe that this big cat should not be killed until further evidence shows that its harmful to our environment

Yeah they do..... Wild dog controll includes dingoes.

Yeah they do..... Wild dog controll includes dingoes.

yeah i just learnt that earlyer in the clip edstar posted. they have dingoes that are breeding with stray pig dogs making a new breed of feral dog, there have been cases where they have stalked people to say the least.

Damn AP you lucky bugger. Im so fascinated with this, actually done hours and hours of research on it. Personally, i believe there is something out there. Its not like they are looking for big foot. There is evidence in history that someone either released them ( American millitary) or they escaped ( Circus)... Where is my invite :( !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back