Big black cats ( panther) Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i just learnt that earlyer in the clip edstar posted. they have dingoes that are breeding with stray pig dogs making a new breed of feral dog, there have been cases where they have stalked people to say the least.

I came across a pack of wild German Shepards/mutts in the Watagan mountains a few years ago whilst bush walking, as soon as they caught my scent they were off but that night they came into our camp around 2am looking for food i assume; you couldn't have paid me to leave my swag hahaha

Seriously? You think a native big-cat could go this long without being caught once, by whitey or the aboriginies? All gene typing of these cats show them to be domestic cats. Too much 'lost world' for you, m'boy.

I was saying, 'IF they are native', and what is 'too much lost world'? I don't understand...

id like to know more before I say I believe its a panther. Tho big feral cats i do believe! My cats easy 8kg (he was bigger!) and everyone is shocked when they see him the 1st time due to his size! Hes not fat hes just a big boy! So I can see a feral cat getting that big! Would be amazing to get some pics tho and see in person... from a safe distance!!! :)

We had a chook farm and made up our own feed so we had rats and feral cats. The feral cats got huge due to the fat lazy rats around!

Being my step father is a cryptozoologist, we yearly go on camping adventures in the blue mountains, so far we have only found paw prints under a hanging rock water fall :)

Ok so I was staying at the girlfriends house lastnight out in Bilpin, kurrajong heights ( blue mountins) they have 25 acres with sheep, horses, chooks, and get roo's out in the mornings feeding on the cleared paddocks anyway my girls little brother was taking hay bales down on the quad to give them a feed just on dusk around 8 it was.. He came hooning up to the house on the quad with eyes the size of dinner plates yelling get dad there's a panther down watching the sheep being only 11 and about 4 foot tall he was ******* himself to say the least. So my girls dad drops his beer and went to the gun safe and grabbed his .308 winchester (rifle) and told me to grab the spotty and jump on the quad with him we went straight down to the paddocks where we found all the sheep and horses huddled to together in the corner of the paddock but couldn't see anything, after around half an hour of huddling in the bush with my girls stinky dad's arm pitts we gave up and went back to the house.

Long story short they did a head count of the sheep today and found that one was missing and we couldn't find any signs of it so we have now called a few mates and are going for a hunt a bit later the sarvo and tonight to see if we can find anything. Annd know it won't be shot if not necersery unless it's with a camera.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen these big cats or knows people who have or any storys you may have on these feral cats, panthers..

Here's a clip i found on youtube check it out

Big Cats in Australia - Mystery Black Panthers - YouTube

When Australia was part of Indonesia! Hahahahahahahahahahaha what a piece of fluff!

In 20 million years Darwin will be parallel with Bangkok. We are moving north at the same speed that your fingernails grow. NOT south!

I have seen huge feral cats. Happily no panthers.

If they were...are, native, the answers will probably be in ancient aboriginal artworks...

Never seen an Indigenous painting of a cat. I've seen thousands of art sites and everything they saw gets a piccie. No cats.

Last edited:
I also believe it is big feral cats, my step dad used to shoot them in cessnock, one that he shot was incredibly big, holding it up by its tail above his head and the nose still touched the ground.... No photos, but he is not one to make this up

I don't get the huge debate though, panther or mega feral cat? Who cares? If they're almost the size of a panther then there are the same issues faced as if it were a panther. Ok maybe it's not a panther but there is a F'ing massive cat capable of killing large animals! What is the advantage or disadvantage of them actually being a 'Panther'?

I saw a puma in the bush once. Dark black, massive strong hind legs and a strong blck tail.

Turned out to be a black rock walaby.

That is creepy, but definitely not a panther... Alot of people can't tell the difference between a frog and a toad, let alone a feral, well evolved 'cat', over an exotic, big, black panther...
That is true, A well evolved cat is perfect for A ferel cat, With the size of the pigs and roo's that are in the forestry around town they need to hunt something lol

Pffffffft panthers in Australia.

I shot the last one about a month ago.

I can see what you mean about the presenter... I think he mislaid his tin-foil hat.

[EDIT] I also find it rather humorous that between episodes 4 and 6, where they had time to acquire their own leopard scat and send it in to the labs for testing, then get it back, that neither the woman presenting or the man being interviewed seemed to have changed their clothes. Are these the only clothes they own? Looks like a poorly constructed pile of conspiracy "scat", if you ask me.

Last edited:
Feral cats simply have the potential to grow a lot larger than the domestic version.
I myself have seen plenty of large feral cats, including 3 or 4 monsters . That where close to twice the size of a normal domestic cat.
These larger than normal cats are what most of the citings are based on.IMO .
But they are just a bigger wild version of our domestic cat.
my 2 cents ...

These big cats are definately not domestic. 25yrs ago I was driving out to Bents Basin one night with a mate and our girlfriends. About 2ks from the basin my girl sais look at the size of that dog. Standing right on the side of the road i could see it I slowed down incase it ran out. Getting closer we could all see this was not a dog. Doing about 20kph we went passed this big black cat. Its head was above my bonnet I for one will never forget it. We stopped and turned back to get another look but it had moved off. Expecting ridicule as I and the others have for years when we tell the story but we did see a big black cat which IMO could not have been a big feral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back