do i just report him

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy-Morelia

Reaction score
ok here we go..... i know of a guy who has three snakes and a blue tongue and this guy has no permit doesnt want to get one either he just bought a blackhead yesturday so if thats the case there will be no paper work on these snakes am i right???? i really wanna dob this joker in but if i do he may or may know who has dobed him in silly me told his girlfriend i wanted to (he dont mind roughing his girlfriend up either) if you know what i mean!!!! she said i should have its complacated:evil:

im worried if he gets busted he might take it out on his girlfriend

If he is taking care of the animals dont do anything about that but knock him round a bit if he hurts her. If hes bigger than you when hes not ready kick him in the nutcrackers then teach him lesson. I dont condone violence but some animals only learn with pain.

You could try reporting it to the police and telling them also that you are worried that he would hurt his girl? you could also leave it for a bit like maybe a month and sorta put down hints that you dont think he should get/need a licence anyways and then he would be less likely to blame you - you are prob not the only one who knows he isnt licenced. but if you do report him i would deffinitly mention that you are worried about the girlfriend copping it and ask the cops to keep an eye on him or something maybe... i mean there are laws for a reason and its not like it is thousands of dollars for a licence or anything

i second wrightpython about the beating the poo out of him if he hits his girl

If he is buying snakes he can't be buying from licensed keepers without himself having a licence,if he is buying illegally seems more than one person breaking the law.

What deadpan said. But if he's tuning up his missus, you should go and knock his block off!!!!!!!!!!!

While I am worried about the snakes and lizards, I am more worried about this woman. I loath men who are violent to their partners... cowards, utter cowards.

By all means, report the bastard to the police and get him locked up if possible. The crucial thing is that for the partner, the violent relationship is usually an addiction, which can only be broken if she has supportive family and friends who will be there for her no matter what, and who won't judge her if she makes a bad decision in the short term.

Yes, the girl needs help but dont jump in guns blazing or you will make it worse for her. It's not an addiction that keeps women in these relationships, its a complete breakdown of self-respect, self-esteem and confidence. The women are afraid and do not see a way out. The police are generally pretty damn useless in most of these scenarios, so it's not surprising that women have trouble seeing the way out. If you know that she has family and friends around then voice your concerns to them and make sure that they do not abandon her. If everyone were to go in as one and remove her from the house he would be hard pressed to do anything about it.

How can I say this....gently.....this girl needs help....pretty obvious. I think her needs come before worrying about the animals. Ring a womens refuge and ask for suggestions as how to help, see your doctor about her, and like others have said....seek out her friends and family. But I think ultimately, if she's not prepared to do anything herself....no one else can. A very sad situation. Sure I think the fellow should be dobbed in for illegal reps....but try and help the girl first. But whatever happens...it's not your fault !! Good luck !!

Wouldnt' it be nice if the illegal reps carried jail time? she could take her time moving out while he's serving.. bubba in the shower....
On a diff story, I witnessed a hugely obese mother the other week get out of her car and drag her toddler out and punch her in the face, I went over and was planning on smacking the mum at least once before the yeti pummelled me but a guy on a motorbike pulled up and ripped his helmet off and backhands her in the face with the helmet.. Big poofy white toes up on the carpark floor, so me and the biker both sat with said kid till the cops turned up, the biker admits what happens and the copper says, u were never here mate, good job, proud of you, now quick leave. I found a smidge of respect coming back for coppers that day! (sorry but cops never help me and I've called them numerous times and they dont even show!)..

Good luck with the girl, personally I'd swap one of his other snakes for a tiapan while he's out..

Note how the 'roughing up' girlfriend part is just added as an afterthought.. It should be your main concern.

I have done some study on Domestic violence and it is a complicated situation, the lady needs help but it will only be succesful if she has support and is ready to be helped. I have seen many situations turn dire.

Isn't it the law to report domestic violence?

The 'law' may be to report domestic violence, but unless she is willing to take the steps she needs to which would include agreeing that there is violence going on.......they cant & wont do anything. My family reported it for 7yrs, but it wasnt until the day that i spoke up that anything was done. Mind you, i didnt say too much, except that 'yes i was laying in a hospital bed because of my ex'....he got a $1600 fine.

This is a subject that has a great amount of meaning to me, cause i was one of those girls who stayed & put up with being used as a punching bag.......& i made choices that i now regret terribly! I find it hard to believe that if the victim 'choses' not to lay charges, no charges are laid. If i were to rob a bank & the owner said 'no, dont worry mate, i dont want to charge her'.......ID STILL BE CHARGED!! The police have the power to lay the charges, but when it comes to domestic violence, they dont unless the victim agrees to it.......ANY one who has been in the situation knows that making that choice, while although very logical......is extremely hard to do & in most cases these 'men' walk away with nothing but a fine. As i said, to this day i regret making the choices that i should have, & in my case, the police did try very hard to get me too press charges, they told me he would do at least 12yrs inside for what he had done to me, & yet, i was still too weak to go any further......i now have to live in fear each & every day of my life, because of my stupid choices, this 'man' got away with it, & still doesnt believe he done anything wrong!

I could go on forever about the things that need to change where domestic violence is concerned, cause really, our legal system is in desperate need of a review! The whole referring to domestic violence as 'common assault' is another one of my pet peeves!

Last edited:
Here are some sites you may wish to visit and read up on about Domestic violence. Understand tho that even tho you may report it and try and help her, in most cases the person will return aprox 8-10 times before they leave there abusive partner. These sites will give you contacts, info and tips on what to expect/do etc to help!!!
Domestic violence - ReachOut Australia

http://www.ncadv.org/files/DomesticViolenceFactSheet(National).pdf

REPORTING RATES - Domestic violence is one of the most chronically underreported crimes.
Only approximately one-quarter of all physical assaults, one-fifth of all rapes, and one-half of all stalkings perpetuated against females by intimate partners are reported to the police.

Hope this help and sorry mods if the links are not allowed!

Last edited:
Ive been in your situation. Dont worry about the animals right now. Tread carefully and here is my advice. If the girl doesnt want to help herself there is nothing you can do. My situation was my ex was getting belted by her dad( We are talking baseball bat belted). This guy was one shifty guy, his house was a fortress where you literally cant even get within 100 metres of his front door. I sat my ex down, and spoke to her about how this is unacceptable and if she doesnt let me help her using the cops that id probably end up in a cell for giving her dad the baseball bat right back. We went to the police station, where we stayed for about 48 hours. They explained everything to her and how her AVO is going to work, they were even very nice to me where they let me go inside and hang out with them and listen to the police radio ( Yea they realised i have an obsession with Policing).... So my advice is talk to this girl, tell her she can get out of this. Go with her to the cop shop and support her the whole way. I remember my ex didnt stop crying for the 2 days we were there. If there is no way she wants to do this, unfortunetly its very hard to help her. Show her your support, tell her you will be there for her, and convince her to do the right thing. Cops do not like women abusers. The image of her dad getting dragged with his hands and feet cuffed into the station by 6 officers with me standing there just wanting to kill him is an image ill never ever forget.... Goodluck, if you need anything else just ask...

After intervening in a violent domestic dispute between a girl and a guy...total strangers, my actions to help this woman ended with me writing off my car and almost dying in the process. All of that only for the girl to run back to help him...never again.
If a woman is so stupid to stay with a violent ****er, stay clear and let her deal with it herself.
I see it time and time again, women having absolute ******* boyfriends and when someone tries to help, they defend the boyfriend.
Losers...stay clear and ignore it.
Many people will disagree, mainly women, but I don't care. I learned the hard way.

It is not an offence to fail to report domestic violence. My advice is to mind your own business and leave people to get on with their own lives. Can you say you never kept tadpoles or a bluey as a kid?

If a woman is so stupid to stay with a violent ****er, stay clear and let her deal with it herself.
I see it time and time again, women having absolute ******* boyfriends and when someone tries to help, they defend the boyfriend.
Losers...stay clear and ignore it.
Many people will disagree, mainly women, but I don't care. I learned the hard way.

It is unfortunate what you went through, but its labels like 'stupid' that make women more inclined to stay. I am far from being stupid, i never in my life thought i would end up being a victim of abuse, let alone staying for as long as i did! Domestic Violence is a very complicated form of abuse, & even the smartest of women can fall victim to it! 3yrs after the fact, i still attend court regulary with my ex, & its the feeling of standing in a court room being told that you are stupid for staying that scares most women from taking the steps necessary!
While i can look back now & call myself stupid, i can sit & ask myself a million times 'why did u stay'.......i dont believe others have any right to call names or to pass judgement, as i said, it is a very complicated form of abuse, & it CAN happen to anyone!

I know that in my case, nothing anyone says can make me feel more stupid then i already do.......but sometimes without releasing certain comments hurt very deeply!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back