Baytril

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a jungle that has a mild case of stomatitis and have dealt with this on previous occasions with mouthwash and bumping up the heat a bit and injecting with baytril every 2nd day, but my local reptile vet is away for a few weeks and im struggling to get the baytril.
Can this be bought over the counter or do I have to pay someone to tell me what I already know?
As soon as I mention reptile to any vet the bill seems to double?
cheers kenny

Where are you kenny

Cheers Brenton

Can't help sorry I know a realy good vet that's here and quiet cheap but your a bit far away all the best hope it goes well.

Cheers Brenton

It's a prescription only medication, and unfortunately you will need the animal to see the vet so they can prescribe it. It's annoying, but it's the same as if we need antibiotics.
You may find a dodgy vet that will give it without seeing the animal.

cheers guys, I think i will have to bite the bullet and throw some more money away!
I can understand why they wont just give it to anyone, but having such vast experience with snakes it does get annoying paying $120 or so for a $10 fix
Im in the wrong line of work I think!
kenny

Bring it in as a wild diamond??
Most wouldnt know the difference
Tell them you will release it afterwards?

be careful with the option of referring to it as wild. I know our local vets here will automatically call WISE or another wildlife group to come and collect. I have only taken blueys into the vet not snakes.
so, not sure

if the last lot you got was within the last 6 months they might just let you have it,..i have a beardy wtih a recurring RI who is on fortum on and off, i only have to take her in for every second lot,....(providing its within 6 months of the last visit)

my vet does this specially for her,...maybe if yours is recurring they'll work out something simmilar for you,....

Try Mount Hutton Pet Hospital.. That's where I've gone previously for Baytril.
(He's a herp vet)

wonder if it is recurring why it happens....has your vet given you any reason as to why they think your baby keeps getting sick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back