Racks or Enclosures?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atothej09

Reaction score
Hi all,
What are peoples opinions on choosing a Rack System or Enclosures for their snakes.

I have 4 Carpet Pythons housed in a 4 bay enclosure setup, basic, but does the job nicely.

Does anyone out there have Carpet Pythons housed in Rack Systems? And if so, what are your thoughts on them compared to your standard 4' x 2' or 6' x 2' enclosures.

Which is better in your opinion?

Neither is better, they both have their place and I use both.

If they are pets I think enclosures are better. No point having a pet animal that you can't watch IMO.
If they are more of a "collection" or a commercial interest then racks make more sense from a space saving point of view.
Either way I'm not sure I would personally be happy putting Carpets in racks just because they are generally made to be short and long rather than high so they get no climbing opportunity. Each to their own though I guess

I keep my smaller/juvenile snakes in racks, and my larger snakes in enclosures. It seems to work well that way.

I keep all species in racks, Aspidites, Carpets, Antaresia. The tubs vary in size as do the snakes. I keep hatchlings up to say a year old in 10 litre boxes and then they go up in size relative to the size of the snake.

What species do you house in the racks? And how big are they?

Choose whatever you like... we use both in our house!! Although we keep the smaller adult pythons in the tub racks (We have a hatchie rack too) such as the stimsons... They are out of their tubs just as much as the ones in the enclosures as well :)

I keep all species in racks, Aspidites, Carpets, Antaresia. The tubs vary in size as do the snakes. I keep hatchlings up to say a year old in 10 litre boxes and then they go up in size relative to the size of the snake.

Can you post a pic?
What's the longest snake you have in your racks?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back