Male Diamond python needs a home :-S

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedella

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so this is a bit of an odd situation and i am not sure im posting in the right spot... a mate of mine had his girlfriend living with him and she had this snake. she has buggered off and left the snake there... he doesnt have a licence and wants to get rid of it to a good home... he has been feeding it and that but just doesnt know what to do with it really. He is worried that if he tries to sell it to a breeder he will get fined :? he wants to do the right thing and give it to a good home - apparently she has told the derm that the snake died or something and now he hasnt got a paper trail etc ... not sure what to do where to go from here?

any help and advise would be good please :)

Thank you guys

Call the RSPCA anonymously and see what they say. Call the licensing place and explain the snake isn't dead but alive and well. Then see what happens :/ Also might be a good idea to hand him to a breeder instead o trying to sell it, then sell the tank and such.

did the girlfriend have a permit for it?
if so, . MAKE her take it back,
her pet, her responcibility

Has he searched for her licence number on any paperwork or tried anyway to find it out.Not sure if its legal but he might be able to move the snake on if he can find out her licence number.

crl94 - yeah thats an idea. he doesnt really want to sell it anyways just give it away

Pyro - she did have a permit but i dont think giving it back to the ex is a good idea as she abandoned it the first time therfore she doesnt strike me as a very careing person... if it was an object yes but a live creature - thats just mean to the animal

Deadpan - not sure - might tell him to hunt for it

Not sure if this is true in your state but the licence office should be able to find out the ex-girlfriends permit number if you give them a call. You'll need to explain the situation and they'll need her full name and the address that the permit was issued to (possibly her current address if she renewed her licence or has any other reptiles). They'll be able to tell you what you can and cant do with the snake aswell.

All the best

He has sorted it all out now apparently :) thanks for all the help and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back